The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

JK_91
Econ and maths offer!!!! After Bristol and UCL rejections I wasn't expecting an offer but **** me am I glad, good luck to anyone who has not heard and congrats to everyone else with offers.

You might have already said, but when did you apply? :smile:

Also :arsenal: for life :daydreaming:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 3281
natty_d
You might have already said, but when did you apply? :smile:

Also :arsenal: for life :daydreaming:

24/26th November, whichever one was a Tuesday :smile:

Where have you applied to? and its nice to see a gooner gal on here too :biggrin:
economics_girl
Wow, well done again!!! Where else have you got offers from?

The only other offer I have got is from York for PPE (3A's) :cool:
Unfortunately I got rejected from Oxford cos I cocked up the interviews big-style :mad:

What about you?

EDIT: LSE is definitely my first choice now and is arguably better than Oxford for Economics and Politics. The only down side I guess is that in my view Government and Economics is missing a P

(philosophy). BUT the good thing about the course at LSE is that you can make up for it with outside options. It would also be tempting to study something like public law... maybe
JK_91
24/26th November, whichever one was a Tuesday :smile:

Where have you applied to? and its nice to see a gooner gal on here too :biggrin:

Woah! That was quick! They must have really wanted you :biggrin:

I applied Oct 16th, just before half term. I have offers from UCL and Queen Mary. I'm waiting on King's, LSE and Warwick atm. :afraid:
Reply 3284
gyyy2807
I think everybody who didn't get an offer today is a jealous child.

LOLOL obviously.. what have you applied for?
Statistics department (Business Mathematics and Statistics specific) seems like the only one which hasn't given out any offers yet :frown:
Reply 3286
natty_d
Woah! That was quick! They must have really wanted you :biggrin:

I applied Oct 16th, just before half term. I have offers from UCL and Queen Mary. I'm waiting on King's, LSE and Warwick atm. :afraid:

Congrats on the offers you all ready have, especially UCL most people that I've seen recently and myself have had rejections rather than offers from them and best of luck with your other applications. :yy:
JK_91
Econ and maths offer!!!! After Bristol and UCL rejections I wasn't expecting an offer but **** me am I glad, good luck to anyone who has not heard and congrats to everyone else with offers.

Congratulations! I'm still waiting to hear from Bristol.... :frown:
:woo: Economics and Economic history offer!! :woo:
Congrats to all with offers today! :smile:
Reply 3290
Dichotomy
Congratulations! I'm still waiting to hear from Bristol.... :frown:

The longer the better with them though isn't it? Best of luck though.
Reply 3291
Hitmonchan
:woo: Economics and Economic history offer!! :woo:

Well doneee!!! what time you hear?
srajani1
how many offers/rejections do you think they give out each time? (haha i know its a tough question but you seem to know everything!)

The fact that LSE makes more offer in March indicates that theres not a fixed number of offer they must make each week.

You can also see that not every subject gives out offer every offer week, hence the amout of offer depends of how much the individual departments processes, if the admissions tutor have a good week/ less activity in LSE/ less emails from applicants, they'd make more offers.

But I think we would see around 30 offers each offer week on TSR, that probably approximates to more than 100 offer per offer week? :confused: dunno

But I heard LSE gives out 2.5x offer per place on avg? So

(number of placement for ur subject x 2.5) / (the number of weeks left / 2) = offers per week :ahee:

But I'm just messing around, don't quote me that formula above lol
JK_91
The longer the better with them though isn't it? Best of luck though.

That sounds odd but no news is good news. :smile:
Do you think the Maths with Economics students will be doing the same course as the Maths and Economics students in the first year?

I haven't actually looked at my course at LSE yet but I do know I signed up for more Maths than Economics..... :eek:
Reply 3294
Jinru
The fact that LSE makes more offer in March indicates that theres not a fixed number of offer they must make each week.

You can also see that not every subject gives out offer every offer week, hence the amout of offer depends of how much the individual departments processes, if the admissions tutor have a good week/ less activity in LSE/ less emails from applicants, they'd make more offers.

But I think we would see around 30 offers each offer week on TSR, that probably approximates to more than 100 offer per offer week? :confused: dunno

(number of placement for ur subject x 2.5) / (the number of weeks left x 2) = offers per week :ahee:

LOOL aha you're so good! ahh i didnt know that they made more in march.. that give me less hope lol :frown:.. are you applying for straight economics?
Jinru

(number of placement for ur subject x 2.5) / (the number of weeks left x 2) = offers per week :ahee:

Wait...that formula makes sense! Excpet, if you make the the number of weeks left x 2...to...the number of weeks left / 2...since there are alternate offer and rejection weeks! :biggrin:...I totally makes sense dude!
Dichotomy
That sounds odd but no news is good news. :smile:
Do you think the Maths with Economics students will be doing the same course as the Maths and Economics students in the first year?

I haven't actually looked at my course at LSE yet but I do know I signed up for more Maths than Economics..... :eek:

:nothing:

http://www2.lse.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/degreeProgrammes2010/mathematicsAndEconomics/GL11_BSc_MathEc.aspx

http://www2.lse.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/degreeProgrammes2010/mathematicsAndEconomics/G1L1_BSc_MathEc.aspx
no anthropology offers today? I know there were some before christmas...
srajani1
Well doneee!!! what time you hear?

thanks, at around 1:30
srajani1
LOOL aha you're so good! ahh i didnt know that they made more in march.. that give me less hope lol :frown:.. are you applying for straight economics?

:awesome:

Some good candidates are left until March so don't give up!

Yeh aswell as Maths with Econ.

Latest

Trending

Trending