The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I'd expect strong correlation with the list of unis (sorted in rank) that IBs target. If I remember right something like...

1. Oxbridge
-- small gap--
2. LSE
--smaller gap--
3. Warwick (personally would rate as #2)
-- larger gap--
4. UCL/ Bristol / Cass etc.
Reply 2
LSE number 1
rest are followers
Reply 4
Oh yeah, Warwick BS is one of only three BS' to be awarded the 5* rating by the government in their last inspection.
Reply 5
Altruistic1
I'd expect strong correlation with the list of unis (sorted in rank) that IBs target. If I remember right something like...

1. Oxbridge
-- small gap--
2. LSE
--smaller gap--
3. Warwick (personally would rate as #2)

-- larger gap--

4. UCL/ Bristol / Cass etc.

I kind of agree with this, except that LSE does not have a business school and therefore, does not offer a business program either on the undergrad or postgrad level.

For undergrad:
1. Oxford
2. Warwick
- gap -
OTHERS...

For postgrad:
1. LBS
2. Oxford-Said, Cambridge-Judge
3. Cranfield, Warwick, Manchester
4. Imperial-Tanaka, City-Cass
5. Edinburgh, Lancaster and the like
6. Strathclyde, Bradford, Leicester and the like
Reply 6
Altruistic1
Oh yeah, Warwick BS is one of only three BS' to be awarded the 5* rating by the government in their last inspection.

:holmes:

super_dry
LSE number 1
rest are followers

Not quite, Warwick at the very least is still right up there in quality of business and related programmes.

Alongside the rankings of the Guardian, Times and Independent the Financial Times produce business school rankings.

http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/european-business-school-rankings

The UK business schools are ranked more or less as follows (the those that appear in Europe's top 30 in bold): -

London
Cranfield
City
Warwick
Strathclyde
SAID
Lancaster
LSE
Durham
Imperial

Bradford
Edinburgh
Nottingham
Bath
Manchester
Aston

This is heavily postgrad focused, of course, looking at their postgrad programmes only.

I don't think it is particularly helpful using league tables. By looking at how much they can vary by newspapers shows their inherent bias and subjectivity. Even looking at business schools in "tiers" is a little simplistic but I'd say most would agree with something like Warwick, SAID and London with places like CASS and City not far behind.

Bath, Nottingham, Durham (far stronger at postgrad than undergrad), Lancaster, Strathclyde are amongst the leading back of those that follow.
Reply 7
Altruistic1

which are the other two?

ILIGAN
I kind of agree with this, except that LSE does not have a business school and therefore, does not offer a business program either on the undergrad or postgrad level.

For undergrad:
1. Oxford
2. Warwick
- gap -
OTHERS...

LSE does offer business related degrees which is why it's included, and surely LSE is the best place in the UK to get a business/economics related degree?
Reply 8
^ Didn't you ask for a business school ranking?

That's different from asking to rank the business-related programs of different universities.

LSE does not have a business school.
Reply 9
^ as a university, it's decent and respectable. I'd put in in group 4 along with Birmingham, Lancaster and the like.

It's management program is just as respectable as its institution. Certainly a nice uni with very nice people. But it's not in the league of the best such as Oxford, Warwick, LSE, Durham, St Andrews and the like.
Reply 10
anybody mentioned st andrews..

are these uni also good for management course?
Reply 11
the course isn't probably not as strong as Oxford's or Warwick/LSE's, but the very high university rep will help it boost its underrated programs. more students would still pick it over that of Leicester's, if given a chance study at both. remember that business schools are also about connections... and St Andrews can provide that much better than Leicester can. it's also one of the reasons why I wouldn't underestimate both Durham and Bristol even when neither uni has an excellent business school to boot. their alumni would help leverage the areas where they're poor or less effective at. So are Imperial and UCL.
Reply 12
How well ranked is Aston? I know its 11th for business on the times guide and from what I've heard it used to be about 3rd?
Respectable anyway?
Reply 13
It was 3rd or 4th when I applied in 2005. Criteria for tables changes a lot so you see ranks fluctuating
Reply 14
Smtn
It was 3rd or 4th when I applied in 2005. Criteria for tables changes a lot so you see ranks fluctuating

But still pretty respectable to employers and potential postgraduate business schools?
Reply 15
It would appear so

Latest

Trending

Trending