The Student Room Group

Question about UMS

Ok so I have done at AS: Maths (MEI OCR), Further maths (MEI OCR), Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Dutch which were all OCR.

Now for all the subjects the AS was out of 300 UMS except for the Dutch which was out of 200 UMS, does this mean that the Dutch A2 will be out of 400 or 200 UMS? I thought the whole A level should add up to 600 UMS but now im unsure.

Sorry if this question has been asked many times before, I tried the search option but didnt help a lot!

Thank you!
Reply 1
AS: 200.
A2: 200.

200+200 = 400 UMS marks next year.
Reply 2
Thanks, but why is it then that all my other subjects are out of 600 except dutch out of 400? :smile:
Is it a less worth A level or something or is it just the way they do languages?
Reply 3
I think all of the sciencey subjects still have 300/600 UMS marks, while the new syallabus has changed the UMS mark of others, espcially social sciences like economics and politics.
The ones with 600 UMS are subjects that have 3 modules per year :smile:
Reply 5
Ok thanks guys for your answers.. I was worried dutch was going to be 2 3hours exams next year because the AS was only 200 UMS :p:
Reply 6
perhaps the languages are weird:smile:...i did the same a-levels as you, except i toke chinese instead of dutch..and it was only out of 100:s-smilie:
Reply 7
lazytomato
perhaps the languages are weird:smile:...i did the same a-levels as you, except i toke chinese instead of dutch..and it was only out of 100:s-smilie:

lol probably.

I just saw your profile, guess what. I got A*A*AAAAABBBB but no C lol, and im going for medicine as well. :p:

Latest