The Student Room Group
University of York
York

James college residents!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
mad-cow18
Yeh the housemates in J block are only slowly coming. Ive met 1 guy in my flat :-/ would just like to have some girly company though?
xx

I'm in J block! Not a girl I'm afraid but good to meet someone else in there! J216 :smile:
University of York
York
Reply 21
Ohh crap, the only people in my house so far are graduates from other unis and I think a third year.. This does not bode well. I'm too immature to be in with people who actually want to work :s-smilie:
Reply 22
Hello Everyone!

Im in James College, L-Block Flat 6

Nice to meet u all lol :smile:
Block M for me :smile: I'd love some pictures too...
Reply 24
Strangeways
Block M for me :smile: I'd love some pictures too...

Yay for block M! What floor are you on?
nj3591
Yay for block M! What floor are you on?

I'm on the ground floor, I think... Room JA/M002? :smile:
Reply 26
Strangeways
I'm on the ground floor, I think... Room JA/M002? :smile:

Yeah, think that's ground floor. I'm in JA/M103, so should be first floor. Still have no idea what it looks like or anything; didn't look in any accommodation on the open day I went to. Just have to hope when I get there that it's decent :p:
Reply 27
Does anyone have any pictures of a J block room? :smile:
nj3591
Yeah, think that's ground floor. I'm in JA/M103, so should be first floor. Still have no idea what it looks like or anything; didn't look in any accommodation on the open day I went to. Just have to hope when I get there that it's decent :p:

I took a peek through a James College window back in April - it looked quite nice! I've no idea whether all the blocks are similar though :/ Everyone seems to be consoling themselves with the idea that 'even if the accommodation's crap, at least we'll have SPIRIT!'... :tongue:
Reply 29
Mevs
I'm back.

Here are a couple of pics I managed to get:-

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/659/p1040369.jpg

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/659/p1040369.jpg

As I mentioned on the facebook thread, it's not too bad at all. Size wise there didn't seem to be that big a difference in the rooms. The only downside really was that it's hardly aesthetically pleasing from the outside, but i'm told people who stay there generally find the place to have a great atmosphere.

I'm sure it'll be fine, can't wait :smile:

ooooh ta, looks alright, a little mysterious.

I can't wait either, still got lots of time before then though. yay lots of time for work :o:
Reply 30
Strangeways
I took a peek through a James College window back in April - it looked quite nice! I've no idea whether all the blocks are similar though :/ Everyone seems to be consoling themselves with the idea that 'even if the accommodation's crap, at least we'll have SPIRIT!'... :tongue:

Hmmm, looking at a map somewhere they seemed different sizes, don't know for sure though.

We'll have the accommodation AND the spirit :cool:
nj3591
Hmmm, looking at a map somewhere they seemed different sizes, don't know for sure though.

We'll have the accommodation AND the spirit :cool:

Block M will clearly be the best on campus :cool:
Reply 32
Block A 38 week standard. Flat 15 which is on the first floor I think...
Reply 33
Is anybody staying in Catered Accommodation in James?

If so where can i get more info about it? The York website is a tad confusing.
I'm block F with hardly anyone else it seems :frown:
Reply 35
MissStardust
I'm block F with hardly anyone else it seems :frown:

Hello Friend :smile: That's 2 of us.
sloaner
Hello Friend :smile: That's 2 of us.

Yay :smile: I'm house 3 though but it's close enough :P
Reply 37
Hey hey! :smile:
I'm J Block, Flat 3 (room 108).
Anyone else joining me in J Block? :smile: