The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Alisa25
Haha it is a pretty good reason, I agree. :p:

Btw DONT rely on getting away with turkish a-level. You may find yourself very screwed when the time comes..

Lol. You are at Turkish is how I was at English about a year ago. Now its better though. :smile:

I shall see what I can do :biggrin:

I forgot to congratulate you on learning English fluently. :o: I didn't even realise it wasn't your mother tongue until you mentioned it. As we say in Turkish Maşallah (better than boring old "well done" :p:)

Oh and I went to Moscow to watch the Champions League final last year (Bad memory though, John Terry nooo :frown: ). The name of the train station for the stadium was so cool, Sportinova I think it was. I remember around the same time watching a documentary about Russia on the BBC hosted by Jonathon Dimbleby. I assume you watched it as well? :smile:

I know one similarity of Russian with Turkish. We call our maternal grandad Dede and our paternal grandmum Babanne. Am I right in saying Dedoshka and Babaoshka mean grandad and grandmum in Russian? :cool:

Spetsiyba :wink:
Reply 21
[QUOTE='[C*]']I shall see what I can do :biggrin:

I forgot to congratulate you on learning English fluently. :o: I didn't even realise it wasn't your mother tongue until you mentioned it. As we say in Turkish Maşallah (better than boring old "well done" :p:)

Oh and I went to Moscow to watch the Champions League final last year (Bad memory though, John Terry nooo :frown: ). The name of the train station for the stadium was so cool, Sportinova I think it was. I remember around the same time watching a documentary about Russia on the BBC hosted by Jonathon Dimbleby. I assume you watched it as well? :smile:

I know one similarity of Russian with Turkish. We call our paternal grandad Dede and our paternal grandmum Babanne. Am I right in saying Dedoshka and Babaoshka mean grandad and grandmum in Russian? :cool:

Spetsiyba :wink:

Oh thanks. Thats really nice of you! :smile:

Lol at your whole post though! :p:

Yep. Im from Moscow btw so yeah, I know the station you're talking about. And gutted about Terry. My stepdad is a Man Utd fan so I will say no more... :rolleyes:

Oh and NIICEEE turkish there, mate! :yep: About grand parents - :eek: IT IS THE SAME!! How weird. I never thought that these two languages have anything in common.

Some nice russian there from you. Pozhalusta. (You're welcome). :cool:
[quote='[C*]']
I can go in with a combination of new and old A levels right? I mean let's say I leave Media and English behind and just retake in Politics to get my grade up to a B. Then I only (big word lol) have to do 2 whole A levels in one year (aiming for an A in both of course ). Plus if I can get away with doing Turkish I might be in business :biggrin:

Yes, you can, so long as any single A-level you sit is all under the same syllabus (old or new) ie you cant mix and match syllabus for a single A-level.
Reply 23
F1 fanatic
Yes, you can, so long as any single A-level you sit is all under the same syllabus (old or new) ie you cant mix and match syllabus for a single A-level.

Yep I already knew about that. Thanks for your help.

Latest

Trending

Trending