The Student Room Group

Confusing situation

I was rejected by my first choice (Sheffield University) on Thursday but was accepted into Leeds and so I was quite happy but on Friday (my birthday :biggrin:) I got a call off Sheffield which was them asking me whether I still wanted to go to do the original course I applied for. I accepted on the phone and was told I would have to withdraw from my offer from Leeds and go through clearing and accept the place they had reserved for me. I sent the e-mail to Leeds and have even tried ringing them but they have still not released me. I'm just trying to calm down a little and think is this because they are not working at the weekend? or that it does took a few days for this to occur?

If there is anybody who knows why it may be taking so long then please tell me just so I know what is happening lol.
sharp357
I was rejected by my first choice (Sheffield University) on Thursday but was accepted into Leeds and so I was quite happy but on Friday (my birthday :biggrin:) I got a call off Sheffield which was them asking me whether I still wanted to go to do the original course I applied for. I accepted on the phone and was told I would have to withdraw from my offer from Leeds and go through clearing and accept the place they had reserved for me. I sent the e-mail to Leeds and have even tried ringing them but they have still not released me. I'm just trying to calm down a little and think is this because they are not working at the weekend? or that it does took a few days for this to occur?

If there is anybody who knows why it may be taking so long then please tell me just so I know what is happening lol.

Yes it can take a while to be released. However, emails are fairly low on the priority list so give them a ring today/tomorrow to make sure they know that you want to be released and can do it as soon as possible. It sounds like Sheffield is fairly definite, and hopefully they're happy to wait for you to get released.
Reply 2
What was said above, and also as you rightly guessed they may not be working at the weekend.
Reply 3
F1 fanatic
Yes it can take a while to be released. However, emails are fairly low on the priority list so give them a ring today/tomorrow to make sure they know that you want to be released and can do it as soon as possible. It sounds like Sheffield is fairly definite, and hopefully they're happy to wait for you to get released.

Hey thanks for the reply, I rang them on the Friday but they said they would have to have it in writing. I'll wait until Monday but if nothing is happening then i shall start pestering them lol. Thanks for your help
Reply 4
sharp357
Hey thanks for the reply, I rang them on the Friday but they said they would have to have it in writing. I'll wait until Monday but if nothing is happening then i shall start pestering them lol. Thanks for your help
If it's your original firm choice offering you a place, all they have to do is to put through a revised decision to UCAS - there's no need to go through Clearing and have to get Leeds to release you. Ring Sheffield on Monday morning and speak to someone senior to sort this out!

Latest

Trending

Trending