The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

moreiniho
No you miss the point.

Well then im not going to get it until you explain it. Care too?
Reply 61
Oh for goodness sake! :mad: I don't understand. Is it a lack of good parenting/discipline or just bad luck getting horrible kids? :sad:
Reply 62
Clements-
It's still completely ridiculous to start with how she is battling cancer as if it's somehow acceptable if it were a 5 year old without cancer.

Or maybe the article is also suggesting that the children did this because the victim was 'different'?
Reply 63
DarkSoldier
Well then im not going to get it until you explain it. Care too?

Whether someone is a murderer or not is incidental. You cannot simply kill someone because it will alter the actions of others, even if indeed the actions of those others were to be murderous. They must be judged upon what they have done solely.

A argument for the death penalty can be proposed but it cannot be substantiated by a suggestion that when brought into effect it will have other consequences; such as reducing the murder rate. The state cannot simply devalue life to that extent. And again, it is incidental that the murderer has also devalued someone's life.

The only arguments that can be used for the death penalty concern the individual who has committed the crime. Some of these include: the old eye for an eye and also that they still pose a risk to society.
moreiniho
Whether someone is a murderer or not is incidental. You cannot simply kill someone because it will alter the actions of others, even if indeed the actions of those others were to be murderous. They must be judged upon what they have done solely.

A argument for the death penalty can be proposed but it cannot be substantiated by a suggestion that when brought into effect it will have other consequences; such as reducing the murder rate. The state cannot simply devalue life to that extent. And again, it is incidental that the murderer has also devalued someone's life.

The only arguments that can be used for the death penalty concern the individual who has committed the crime. Some of these include: the old eye for an eye and also that they still pose a risk to society.

Im not saying you kill someone to stop others. My reasons for why it should be allowed are they still pose a risk of society. (Having a friend's dad killed by someone who was let out for good behaviour, I don't care about any facts people bring up.)

However the argument that i gave evidence for was that the death sentence does decrease the amount of serious crime. Which it does.
Reply 65
My God, that is disgusting.
Reply 66
reastle1
i dont read the daily mail. i understand that for a lot of these people they've had **** backgrounds but a lot of the rehabilitation schemes dont seem to work- a lot of offenders reoffend. i just don't see how it is fair that Baby P's mother will be let out relatively soon with a new identity when she murdered her own baby.

No she didn't murder her baby :rolleyes:
Reply 67
I hate it when people are using a age as some sort of escuse...to justify the incident but in regards to the death penalty...

Just because the perpetrators are ten and seven does not mean they do not know right from wrong. They know murder for example is wrong...any child would know that. Yes they did have the intention to kill the girl, they tried to set her alight...
Reply 68
4G_dollars
I hate it when people are using a age as some sort of escuse...to justify the incident but in regards to the death penalty...

Just because the perpetrators are ten and seven does not mean they do not know right from wrong. ...

Well, if age isn't an issue maybe we should start letting kids smoke or do drugs or own guns, they know the difference between right and wrong, they'll make the right choice? If they are fully capablle of making an informed decision (which they are not because they are kids) they should deal with the consequences of their actions?

What those kids did was wrong and sick, yes. But executing them for it? No.
Reply 69
Aeolus
Well, if age isn't an issue maybe we should start letting kids smoke or do drugs or own guns, they know the difference between right and wrong, they'll make the right choice? If they are fully capablle of making an informed decision (which they are not because they are kids) they should deal with the consequences of their actions?

What those kids did was wrong and sick, yes. But executing them for it? No.

So you are telling me that the boys aged seven and ten did not know what they were doing when they were spraying deodorant and setting her alight?
It clearly evident according to the article that there was the intention to kill the girl, setting her alight which thankfully failed...I don't know what planet you live on, but children, (don't underestimate them), they do know what is right from wrong. Murder is wrong. When you were 7 did you think killing was right?
stupid little brats!!!! grrrr
Reply 71
something like that is more damaging than stabbing someone I think (provided its not fatal!). Burns to the face would absolutely destroy your life.
Reply 72
4G_dollars
So you are telling me that the boys aged seven and ten did not know what they were doing when they were spraying deodorant and setting her alight?
It clearly evident according to the article that there was the intention to kill the girl, setting her alight which thankfully failed...I don't know what planet you live on, but children, (don't underestimate them), they do know what is right from wrong. Murder is wrong. When you were 7 did you think killing was right?

Of course not, but that is no reason to execute two children! What sort of message is that sending out. "Don't commit murder or we will"
:facepalm:

What is wrong with people?

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5jNL_1QlU9FtPICVa3C1Yydk7tLaQ

A girl of five who is battling cancer is recovering after two boys sprayed an aerosol in her face and tried to set her alight.

Scarlett Hellewell had to be rescued by neighbours when the boys pinned her down and sprayed the deodorant in her face in Halifax, West Yorks.

She escaped with just bruises after the deodorant failed to ignite.

A spokesman for West Yorkshire Police said: "It is reported the girl was playing when she was approached by two young boys who kicked and punched her before spraying an aerosol in her face and attempting to set her alight. The match did not ignite."

The two young boys, believed to be only 10 and seven, ran off when someone came to Scarlett's help on Tuesday evening. Officers are appealing for witnesses.

Scarlett's mother Paula, 38, a home support worker, said she was hoping to move away from the estate where they live.

She told the Yorkshire Post: "The sooner we move from here the better. I was disgusted when I heard what these boys had done, though this is not the first time they have attacked her.

"Scarlett's brain tumour is getting bigger and this was the last thing we needed to happen."

Neighbour Adele Brearley, 30, told the Yorkshire Post: "Scarlett was really upset and her eyes were sore where they had sprayed deodorant. If they had managed to light the matches it would have been a lot worse."

Scarlett is suffering from a tumour which has left her blind in one eye and with marginal sight in the other.

Reply 74
Dickheads.
Reply 75
Yeh it's disgusting. Thread done already.
omg..i wish her all the best in her recovery
I would go kick those kids asses and light them on fire lets see how they like it.
It's ***** like that, that make me very very angry.
Reply 79
Be warned I am going to swear!!!!.

Those ******* bastards that did such an awful thing to this little girl should have it done to them!!!!!!!!!!!!. There are some disgusting people in this world, they dont deserve to be breathing!:mad: :mad:

I wish the little girl all the best in her recovery.

Latest