Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Hasan
Yes: leather.

Loool....don't know why i found that so funny =D
Reply 3
phoenix90
Do we need to buy our own labcoat? If so, what type?

Lol, no, it's supplied.
Reply 4
IChem
Lol, no, it's supplied.

Thanks! Thats one thing to cross off the shopping list
Reply 5
Same with lab specs, and lab books (at least for biology and chemistry), as they're all supplied at the start of the year.
Reply 6
How about safety glasses? I know the traditional chemistry lab goggles don't fit everyone because some people wear glasses. In my a-level bio/chem classes the people that wore glasses had to bring in their own safety glasses.
Reply 7
slightly off topic but does the same apply for medicine? do we even need one?
Reply 8
w-inds
How about safety glasses? I know the traditional chemistry lab goggles don't fit everyone because some people wear glasses. In my a-level bio/chem classes the people that wore glasses had to bring in their own safety glasses.

Safety specs are supplied and are the "over glasses" type. You also get a hard hat if you're doing Chem Eng:biggrin:
Reply 9
We have to buy our own lab books in physics, and don't even get to wear a lab coat :frown: *sniff*
Reply 10
Pulkpull
We have to buy our own lab books in physics, and don't even get to wear a lab coat :frown: *sniff*

If you bought one for yourself and wore it to lectures, I don't think anyone would stop you? :yes:
Reply 11
rukouine88
slightly off topic but does the same apply for medicine? do we even need one?

You'll need a lab coat for practicals in term 1... you can buy them from the shop in SAF.
Reply 12
Ali_
You'll need a lab coat for practicals in term 1... you can buy them from the shop in SAF.

oh ok, do you know how much they cost? n wat about a stethoscope (pardon the horrible spelling, i'm too tired to spellcheck) do imperial sell them n how much? (i'm assuming here that we need one as i vaguely recall someone saying so at the open day...)

thnks for your help!
Reply 13
rukouine88
oh ok, do you know how much they cost? n wat about a stethoscope (pardon the horrible spelling, i'm too tired to spellcheck) do imperial sell them n how much? (i'm assuming here that we need one as i vaguely recall someone saying so at the open day...)

thnks for your help!

lab coats are £15

and you won't need to buy a stethoscope for first year. There is one cardiology practical in which you'll be using a stethoscope, but all the equipment will be provided.
Reply 14
Ali_
lab coats are £15

and you won't need to buy a stethoscope for first year. There is one cardiology practical in which you'll be using a stethoscope, but all the equipment will be provided.

oh ok thanks!:biggrin:
Reply 15
Ali_

does it matter if your lab coat is covered with loads of chemical stains? or does it have to be crisp clean and white?
Reply 16
blip
does it matter if your lab coat is covered with loads of chemical stains? or does it have to be crisp clean and white?

I'm sure yours will be alright.
You could always wash it...
Reply 17
I'm jealous of the Civ Engineers who get their own high vis jackets and hard hats free :biggrin:
Cyco
Same with lab specs, and lab books (at least for biology and chemistry), as they're all supplied at the start of the year.

So we don't actually need to spend any money on books in first year for Biomedical sciences?

Yays more money for other stuff (mostly alcofrolic related)!
Reply 19
luckyduck12
So we don't actually need to spend any money on books in first year for Biomedical sciences?

Yays more money for other stuff (mostly alcofrolic related)!

I'm not sure about BioMed, as I think it's a different department to biology...

Latest

Trending

Trending