The Student Room Group

Anyone done GCSE or A Level Punjabi?

just want to know what its like :smile:

anyone at all?
Reply 1
I havnt done it myself however know someone who did it and came out with an A at GCSE, if you can write in Punjabi and read then you got a good chance, however some of the grade boundaries are ridiculously high such as an A* is 47/50ish in the listening paper.
Reply 2
Hyperbole08
I havnt done it myself however know someone who did it and came out with an A at GCSE, if you can write in Punjabi and read then you got a good chance, however some of the grade boundaries are ridiculously high such as an A* is 47/50ish in the listening paper.

oh wow really! welll, i havent been taught it, however i can speak (fluently), read and write really well! But at my college there are no teachers, so im going to see if they can just put me in for the exams.. :smile:
s17559
oh wow really! welll, i havent been taught it, however i can speak (fluently), read and write really well! But at my college there are no teachers, so im going to see if they can just put me in for the exams.. :smile:

Hey, i did the same thing for arabic and japanese. i speak arabic at home and i got put in for the exam as a private candidate :smile:

shouldn't be a probs, if you need to know anything i'd be happy to answer Qs :biggrin:
s17559

Hey, i did the same thing for arabic and japanese. i speak arabic at home and i got put in for the exam as a private candidate :smile:

shouldn't be a probs, if you need to know anything i'd be happy to answer Qs :biggrin:
Reply 5
Would you guys recommend someone who loves languages doing a punjabi gcse (independently) with no prior knowledge of it?
I did both the gcse and as level and the gcse is very easy! The a level should only be attempted if you can write really well since your only testing on your writing skills. In gcse your allowed to answers the questions in English but with the a level it is all answered in punjabi - so its a bit harder. There is one paper which is 2 and a half hours long and for a2 there is one 3 hour paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest