The Student Room Group

Wanting to do Clinical Psychology

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Okay well that's fine, just seems you don't have the knowledge to be advising people on this topic. And if you've never actually been to Hull do you think you could be possibly putting people off it when you know very very little of it. Basically advise people on what you know, don't just listen to what you've heard.
**LauraH**
Okay well that's fine, just seems you don't have the knowledge to be advising people on this topic.

Troll on.

**LauraH**
And if you've never actually been to Hull do you think you could be possibly putting people off it when you know very very little of it. Basically advise people on what you know, don't just listen to what you've heard.

Hull is a cess pit. It's common knowledge.
Reply 22
The arrogance, love it. i'm guessing you're one of these people who just drop in on any conversation and pretend you know what you're on about, the 'been there done that' type. plus you love the last word, so to that end you're very boring, now jog on and go mislead someone else.
Reply 23
I went to Hull University for an open day, and I didn't find it one of the best places to be.
I come from near Hull and my sister works there. It's not the nicest city to be honest, but I do know people who went to uni there and had no complaints. It's personal choice.
Reply 25
**LauraH**
The arrogance, love it. i'm guessing you're one of these people who just drop in on any conversation and pretend you know what you're on about, the 'been there done that' type. plus you love the last word, so to that end you're very boring, now jog on and go mislead someone else.

so true lol
love it
Reply 26
Hi All,

As someone with experience of going to both Hull and York University there is no difference whatsoever in quality and got the same marks at each. I went to Hull to do my undergrad and got 1st and went to York for some postgrad work and again got the equivalent of a first. It is not as bad as it seems to have reputation for I thoroughly enjoyed my experience there and the only crime that happened to me was my passenger wing mirror was smashed but that could happen anywhere. I feel this alleged bad reputation maybe related to the location, location, location programme where it was ranked second worst place to live. Hull has a strong community so there was uproar and the producers had to then do a programme apologising and saying it was a good place to buy. Also why would you trust the advice of Phil Spencer in the first instance about stating Hull was not a good place to live- did he not go bankrupt- maybe not one of the best people to put your confidence in as this demonstrates poor judgement.

Quick Reply

Latest