The Student Room Group

Four A-Levels over one year, but no GCSEs

I am an 18 yr old, who is going to start a one-year A-Level programme from September onwards, where I will study four subjects. I am coming to the UK from abroad where I didn't take any GCSEs.

The problem is I desperately want to get into LSE as well as obtain all four of my other offers (I will also be applying to King's College London, Birmingham, Nottingham and Surrey for Management/Business Management)

When I start working on my application, I will only have predicted AS and A2 grades, no achieved AS grades and no mention of GCSE grades.

Will this hamper my chances to obtain all five conditional offers?
Oh and btw... I am aiming to gain all of my conditional offers for entry in September 2010.
Reply 2
So you have NO qualifications? Not even an international equivalent to GCSEs?

Your chances are unlikely to near impossible. Take the exams and then reapply next year once you have your grades.
Reply 3
Yeah i agree, because the uni wont actually see any sort of results at all before getting an offer, chances are you'd just get flat rejections across the board.
Reply 4
Eh? Last time I checked you needed GCSE's to do A Levels...
Reply 5
Get your tutor to write it in your reference? Call up LSE first though.
JustinTaylorLegend
I am an 18 yr old, who is going to start a one-year A-Level programme from September onwards, where I will study four subjects. I am coming to the UK from abroad where I didn't take any GCSEs.

The problem is I desperately want to get into LSE as well as obtain all four of my other offers (I will also be applying to King's College London, Birmingham, Nottingham and Surrey for Management/Business Management)

When I start working on my application, I will only have predicted AS and A2 grades, no achieved AS grades and no mention of GCSE grades.

Will this hamper my chances to obtain all five conditional offers?

Don't let these other people put you off. You're obviously a special case and your situation will probably have to be treated individually by the institutions you apply for. Your best course of action is to contact a few universities now and find out :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending