The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I've seen him live one time.

Talk about tumbleweed.
All question-puncline shows pale in comparison when it comes to Lee Mack :love:

JC ain't all bad though, there is worse out there :yes:
Reply 22
Jimmy Carr the worst, more like the best. he walks a fine line with truly outrageous gags that would be thoroughly offensive if not so expertly delivered with an ironic glint in his eye. no-one wites sharper jokes and no-one delivers them better than jimmy, fact. he is an absolute legend. He commands his audience with twisted little aphorisms, when no-one else can.
kflynn
Jimmy Carr the worst, more like the best. he walks a fine line with truly outrageous gags that would be thoroughly offensive if not so expertly delivered with an ironic glint in his eye.

but they still are thoroughly offensive lol (not that i find them offensive)

kflynn
no-one wites sharper jokes

and outrageous stuff isn't sharp or witty, it's just the shock factor which makes it funny. Many of his jokes any teenager can think of. Watched him on HIGNFY (i find him funny on quiz shows rather than stand ups) and even though i found him funny, i was actually thinking along the exact same line as him with before he even said anything. Shows how much wit he has
I think he's good. The bit on one of his stand ups (dunno which one) with "...I asked you for a superpower, and you said rape?" is hilarious.
Reply 25
Frankie Boyle is jokes. Jimmy Carr can be funny, like on quiz shows but his whole routine seems so rehearsed. And saying all of his good stuff is cenorship is ********. Franky Boyle cracks jokes about dead babies, cancer, peados, and even the queens vagina.

I love watching stand up comedy and Frankie Boyle, Michael McIntyre seem to be the best recently. That Ross Noble and the whole meat thing was terrible, I can see it being funny if you were drunk or high but otherwise no.
Reply 26
Petrells
That Ross Noble and the whole meat thing was terrible, I can see it being funny if you were drunk or high but otherwise no.

Thats true, went on for ages and just didn't make any sence. Don't really get how it was ment to be funny beyond a 30 secound joke linked into another joke.
Reply 27
In the past I didn't like Jimmy Carr all that much, but I've grown to like him a bit more since I've seen him on shorter panel shows like Have I Got News For You. Can't say I've ever seen his actual stand-up, though.

Philosoraptor
I admit I usually detest question punchline ones, like that canadian guy who comes on mock the week! GROAN

Oh, Stewart Francis I think his name is? I can barely bring myself to watch! His stuff in the stand-up round makes me cringe. It is actually just a bunch of one-liners vaguely thrown together, not my type of humour at all.
kitkatcait
In the past I didn't like Jimmy Carr all that much, but I've grown to like him a bit more since I've seen him on shorter panel shows like Have I Got News For You. Can't say I've ever seen his actual stand-up, though.

Oh, Stewart Francis I think his name is? I can barely bring myself to watch! His stuff in the stand-up round makes me cringe. It is actually just a bunch of one-liners vaguely thrown together, not my type of humour at all.

Ja , in der Tat! So annoying haha. In fact - funny you brought it up - I mentioned it to my friends today and so we watched a clip of him haha.
i saw him on the joke technician tour and thought he was hilarious. I am easily pleased though
Petrells
Frankie Boyle is jokes. Jimmy Carr can be funny, like on quiz shows but his whole routine seems so rehearsed. And saying all of his good stuff is cenorship is ********. Franky Boyle cracks jokes about dead babies, cancer, peados, and even the queens vagina.

I love watching stand up comedy and Frankie Boyle, Michael McIntyre seem to be the best recently. That Ross Noble and the whole meat thing was terrible, I can see it being funny if you were drunk or high but otherwise no.

That's not exactly what I said. Read my posts again.

Latest