The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Yes
Reply 2
I don't think they take marks off, they just won't give the marks you would have got if you had added those things. Which of course means a lower grade. But try not to worry about it, the exam has already been sat so there's nothing you can do now. Perhaps you did add those things but have forgotton and thus you'll get a nice surprise on Thursday.
If all else fails and you are really bothered about the grade there's always resits.
Reply 3
Just wait and see. It's no use using literary terms if you can't explain why that literary term is there. If you've explained yourself well, you should be fine.
Reply 4
see how you do first. i messed up really bad in my last exam
Reply 5
Those are the top ones, that's great Imagery is B yo A* if applied correctly, you'll be absolutly fine, do not worry, I've been doing this ALL Summer "did I write this", "Oh God, or is it". I think that it's normal! You should be great
I know someone who didn't write any literary names and got an A*.

Chill for now. They won't deduct marks for it, at least.
Reply 7
Well, I think I covered literary devices without actually naming them, is that OK?
Reply 8
The examiners will see how you used them to explain. I'm in the same boat as you.

Best of Luck
Reply 9
Well, in the end I got an A :smile:
Not quite the A* I was predicted and hoping for, but still good (y)
Well done!
Reply 11
Congratulations! I got an A too....I really was NOT expecting that result - I was over the moon!

Latest