The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20

hmm These Triple S people seem to do some decent stuff, but it's rather off-putting when a company can't even be arsed to iron the shirts they put on their models - and 'upmarket' is a bit ambitious for Burton. Most Burton stuff is just very boring and often such low quality it falls apart. (Although better than topman quality, it must be said)
Dionysus
hmm These Triple S people seem to do some decent stuff, but it's rather off-putting when a company can't even be arsed to iron the shirts they put on their models - and 'upmarket' is a bit ambitious for Burton. Most Burton stuff is just very boring and often such low quality it falls apart. (Although better than topman quality, it must be said)

Because they can't be arsed to iron shirts you won't go there? Lol ok that's weird.
Reply 22

It just doesn't suggest they care very much, therefore they probably don't care about the standards they put into their products. I mean if you bother to hire a model for a shoot, why would you then photograph a creased shirt? And it's the same all over the website. It's just shoddy. I don't mean slightly creased - I mean that it looks like they just came out of the wash. It's awful.
Reply 23
fps_cam
where can these be purchased. love them

nike outlets
i got mine from one in ashford, kent
:]
Dionysus
It just doesn't suggest they care very much, therefore they probably don't care about the standards they put into their products. I mean if you bother to hire a model for a shoot, why would you then photograph a creased shirt? And it's the same all over the website. It's just shoddy. I don't mean slightly creased - I mean that it looks like they just came out of the wash. It's awful.

Maybe that's how you wear them? Or maybe it suggests that they aren't trying to make everything look perfect, but instead like in real life. The picture of a McDonalds Big Mac is not necessarily what you get at all. It's misleading.
Reply 25
I have a pair of stonefly mens shoes, cost me fortune, but they have some gel stuff in the sole, it's like wearing nike air, difference is I don't have the nob of a bouncer saying no trainers mate. check them out they are un real if you want to go all night
Reply 26
I normally wear a pair of plimsolls or converse allstars with slim fit jeans.
Reply 27
Damn some of guys wear such queer shoes!

Do you guys honestly wear those black formal shoes with jeans??

How old are you? 82?
rj1990

How old are you? 82?
I agree. Accept the queer part. Those shoes are rather formal and I can honestly say I know no one my age who would wear them to typical club. Maybe to a wine bar or restaurant, but not to a standard club. However each to their own.
I bought a pair of shiny black trainers that look like the Cryuff ones for £40 from Zara last Summer. Always get compliments and questions as to where I got them from. They're cheap and practical as you don't want to spend too much on something that will get rubbish and urine all over it, especially for guys so be sensible. No point in spending £200 on some D&G ones when they're just going to get gum and urine all over it as soon as you walk into the toilet.
I wear boots because they add an extra 2" to my height, so im 5"11.. w00t
Wow, so people are now buying into Nike trainers with a bird poo print on them? :s-smilie:
rj1990

How old are you? 82?

This.

Not so much queer, but to be honest, for clubbing ie. getting pissed and trying to dance, it's ridiculous that you have to buy and wear Victorian style tuxedo shoes for some club with a stupid dress code policy..

These are the 'smartest' I'd wear for a night out, £16..

http://www.topman.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=17551&storeId=12555&categoryId=60952&parent_category_rn=38998&productId=768299&langId=-1

Saying that, I don't go to clubs with those door codes, dubstep / DnB and rock / alt. clubs let you wear anything...
Reply 33
Surely a nice pair of Fred Perry's are smart enough?
cdsmith1990
This.

Not so much queer, but to be honest, for clubbing ie. getting pissed and trying to dance, it's ridiculous that you have to buy and wear Victorian style tuxedo shoes for some club with a stupid dress code policy..

These are the 'smartest' I'd wear for a night out, £16..

http://www.topman.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=17551&storeId=12555&categoryId=60952&parent_category_rn=38998&productId=768299&langId=-1

Saying that, I don't go to clubs with those door codes, dubstep / DnB and rock / alt. clubs let you wear anything...
Agreed. Rarely I see some 'formal' shoes and I'm thinking, what are you guys thinking? this is a bloody student night. Let alone a club that doesn't even have a strict dress code. No way am I getting piss and vomit on formal shoes :lol:

Latest