The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Scroll to see replies

meeeeeee :smile: (i hope) cant see me gettin the grades tho! where u applied to live?
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
I should be okay for the grades, apart from chemsitry! i soooooooooo hate chemistry and they asked for an A.grrrrrrrrrrrr. i've gone for haitt baker, cause thats the one that i saw when i went for an interview how bout you? i'm gettin really excited about going now!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 3
i'm a future bristol medic too, well hopefully anyway if i get round to doing some proper revision.... i'm hating chem as well and getting that A is gonna be a complete killer!
i think im going to apply to churchill... haven't got a clue what to write on the personal statement though! wish i'd gone and had a look at all the halls now while i was up there...
Reply 4
i sorta copied some stuff from my personal statement about liking music and sport and then just wrote that i like meeting new peeps i really wasnt sure what to put! I heard that their going to use the passport pictures for hall passes and uni passes! mine look awful, i look like i have on eye bigger than the other(which i dont in real life, or at least i think i dont)!
what sort of doctor do ya want to be? i wanna do orthopeadics!
what hall you applied to?
:cool: :biggrin:
i duno wat sort of doctor to be! id like to do paediatrics, and i think surgery wud be really gud but im not sure i have the hand for that! have to see. iv applied for durdham hall, my statement was a bit rubbish tho, just bout my interests really.
Reply 6
God no not the kiddies! i'd get to attached. i went through the vet phase at one point and then did some work experience with a vet and had to be taken out of the room when they had to put a puppy down.
my statement was a big pile of poo! From the sounds if it they most likley think i'm some kind of singing dancing kickboxing science freak!
have you seen any surgery? i have it was brill! saw a hip replacement, shoulder replacement and a thyroid op! was very warm in the gown and mask and gloves!
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 7
hey...im doing medicine too. well, if i get an a in chemistry, which isn;t looking likly, but still. I can hope.

I went through the vet phase too...for a very long time. Then went off the idea because of the putting them down etc. I really do get attached to animals it really pathetic.
Reply 8
MonkeyOnIce
hey...im doing medicine too. well, if i get an a in chemistry, which isn;t looking likly, but still. I can hope.

I went through the vet phase too...for a very long time. Then went off the idea because of the putting them down etc. I really do get attached to animals it really pathetic.

i know what is with the A in chemistry? i really really hate it with a firey passion!
i know i'm liking the idea of getting a kitten at the moment although i'm not allowed!
i have my first exam tommorrw! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
mabye i should do some revision!
just had my first exam, was only a bio retake tho, n it went really well i think. shame i dont need an A in damn biology n do in chem grr chem. doin module 1 2 n 3 retakes wednesday, frantically trying to revise n its not working, no matter how much i do for chem the same amount stays in!! :frown:

i havent seen any surgery nah, id love to! didnt have any work experience cudnt manage it.
Reply 10
Yeah did biol this morning to! was a good exam, i only need a B as well but i decied to resit very biol before i knew that i didnt need an A. i did 72 pages of chem revison last week and i'm sooooooooooooooo fed up of it! i've even started having a tutor becuase my college are pretty slack with lectures.
Reply 11
yeah im doing a chem 2 retake on weds... did the chem 1 retake in january which went loads better than last year so hopefully can do same with 2... if i hadn't got a C in unit 4 in jan then pressure might be off a bit for 4 5 & 6 -- oh dear my bristol dream not looking too good atm!! maybe they would still let us in with AAB but not A in chem -- numbers game i guess but soooo hope they would!! i really should be thinking positively atm lol! back 2 chem revision aggghhhh!!
well the way everyones talking on ere the numbers might be on our side, seems everyones scared. *prays* silly me didnt realise she was gona get an offer b4 xmas and so didnt do the resits in jan, doin em all now! got a low B last yr, hoping i can get 3 As in them this yr, tho its touch and go really i seem to be bordering. I got a low B on the jan module 4 too, so i have to retake it. Im worried bout that tho cus i duno if i can improve it, wheras 123 i know i can. Im not worried bout biology so much cus its just a case of learning it, but with chemistry if you dont know it its so much harder to learn. Our teachers never helped this year too, they just left us most the time on our own to do the work, so everythings almost self taught!
Reply 13
at least you didnt have a really bad day on the unit 4 exam like i did and get a D. granted everybody else in my class also had D's. i'm not going for 3 A's cause there's just too much to learn with chem and biol combined. i'm garunteed my maths A and garunteed a B in biol its just stupid stupid chem! we didnt have a teacher for most of the year and then i had an argument with the one we did get and then he called me stupid! apparantly if you miss your grades my a few marks they dont mind!
it is so much work! i have to aim for the 3 beause i just dont know where i may get my As. it is possible in biology and i doubt chem, but maths i shud but its still not solid!
I'm lucky that i did 2 alevels last year a year early, and after talking to bristol (after getting an offer asking to get 2 A's and 1 B) they said i only needed 1
A and 1 B.
but still..the A is in chemistry. Ah well..its 2 weeks til my first exam, so im thining of spending all that time revising? I don't know..never seem to be too good at the whole revising stuff. i get too distracted by thinks...like internet shopping. i dred to think how much ive spent today.
Reply 16
i know i bought two new belly bars yesterday cause i was bored! and cause i could! Chem is such a Biatch. i almost fell asleep when my chem tutor was teaching me today!
*is on chemistry revision break now* how easy is it to get distracted!!! i think im well prepared now, iv just done loads of past papers n now im bored i dont think i will learn anything more now, so i think im done for the day maybe. hmm feel bad if i dont do it all day tho!! iv done 2 hours today thats it? but i think nothing else is gona go in!!
Reply 18
i know, i have spent lots of the time over the past few weeks just staring out the window watching the world go by! got to go back to my past papers in a mo, or mabye not. i know i should do it but i just hate it so much. and then i feel really bad if dont!
Reply 19
woooo Bristol medics! :cheers:

Latest