Reply 20
dragon20
Would passport be fine?

yeah, either passport or driving licence would be fine
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
you wont. The uni understands this and that is why its good to go through them. Pavilion soperate a different policy, BUT you arent technically with them, as you are a transfer student. Therefore, the payments will go out in 3 installments over the year, exactly the same time as courts. This is always the same day, or after the loan is paid in to your account.
Reply 22
[QUOTE='rach [shikari]']you wont. The uni understands this and that is why its good to go through them. Pavilion soperate a different policy, BUT you arent technically with them, as you are a transfer student. Therefore, the payments will go out in 3 installments over the year, exactly the same time as courts. This is always the same day, or after the loan is paid in to your account.

ahh right yeah that makes sense, think im gonna ring tomorrow just to clarify everything =)
Reply 23
what are the moving in dates for pavillion does anybody know? if it's open, any recommendations on the best time to move in?

:smile:
Reply 24
Anytime from first of september you can get your keys. They have a "move in weekend" on the first week of freshers but it's going to be hell, the place can sleep over 1300 students, assuming half of them are continuing students that's still a few hundred cars over the next few weeks moving in soft furnishings.
Reply 25
I have been accepted into Student Village and I wondering what the best day to up to the uni and move in is?
Reply 26
chubb3
what are the moving in dates for pavillion does anybody know? if it's open, any recommendations on the best time to move in?

:smile:

you can move in after the 1st september, providing you had payed the deposit and first rental payment.
Reply 27
I emailed the pavilions people yesterday, their reply was:

Hello Sam,
In order to confirm your place with us at The Pavilions you need to pay your deposit of £150, your first months payment and the tenancy deposit protection also needs to be paid as soon as possible as you cannot collect your keys unless all the above payment is paid.

so im screwed, how the hell am i meant to afford nearly £500 BEFORE i get my loan through, it's ridiculous.
Reply 28
I emailed the pavilions people yesterday, their reply was:

Hello Sam,
In order to confirm your place with us at The Pavilions you need to pay your deposit of £150, your first months payment and the tenancy deposit protection also needs to be paid as soon as possible as you cannot collect your keys unless all the above payment is paid.

so im screwed, how the hell am i meant to afford nearly £500 BEFORE i get my loan through, it's ridiculous.

Can you not borrow the money from your parents if they could lend you the money maybe you could afford it...? I dont know.

I paid my accomodation year in full on Saturday, so i could effectivly go to collect my keys anytime after tuesday 1st September?
Reply 29
MTGrafik
Can you not borrow the money from your parents if they could lend you the money maybe you could afford it...? I dont know.

I paid my accomodation year in full on Saturday, so i could effectivly go to collect my keys anytime after tuesday 1st September?

haha i doubt it, but i guess i'll have to ask, no choice.

yeah, as youve payed you can get your keys and move in after the 1st :smile:
Reply 30
MTGrafik
I have been accepted into Student Village and I wondering what the best day to up to the uni and move in is?

Student village is NOT the pavilions, it's the on-site "courts" and you cannot move in until the weekend of freshers week. I believe they try to create some sort of time slot for you to move in on but this never works, you'll have to wait for the paperwork to come through in the next few weeks :smile:
Reply 31
Well i hope everything pans out for you, what course are you studying?

hmm... Im tempted maybe going and getting my keys early and then actually moving in on the 20th? would that work?

Edit: Just read Steeps post...
Reply 32
MTGrafik
Well i hope everything pans out for you, what course are you studying?

hmm... Im tempted maybe going and getting my keys early and then actually moving in on the 20th? would that work?

Thanks, i'm doing criminology and social policy =) what about you?

yeah i guess the 20th would work, think i'm gonna go as soon as i can, want to settle in a bit before freshers week =)
Reply 33
yeah I wish I could, as steeps just burst my bubble lol.

That sounds like an interesting course, Im doing Graphic Design myself =D cant wait to go now.

How did you do in your A levels?
Reply 34
MTGrafik
yeah I wish I could, as steeps just burst my bubble lol.

That sounds like an interesting course, Im doing Graphic Design myself =D cant wait to go now.

How did you do in your A levels?

yeah, bad times! ahh well, the hectic move in weekend will be kinda fun i guess.
ahh cool :smile: yeah i cant wait either!

i did pretty good in a-levels tbh, got B in sociology, and C's in psychology, philosophy, critical thinking and gen studies =)
only needed 240points to get into lincoln haha =)
yourself?
Reply 35
Crazy times ahead =D

awesome, you did do well... I got my results last year and got 3 merits in Graphics Design... I did a btec so its marked slightly differently.

I'm working full time at the minute but I am leaving in 2.5 weeks!!! woo!
Reply 36
Steeps

Are we allowed to pay the first rental payment and the deposit protection fee in cash when we go pick up the keys on the 1st?

A bit worried that we won't be able to move in on the 1st
I got my letter from the uni today saying i need to do my pavilions application online. I'm having trouble with it, can anyone guide me through it?

Edit: I figured it out!
Reply 38
Glad it all went ok....
Reply 39
I'm the same as you, i wanted to be in the halls on campus and they sent me a letter telling me that i had a reserved place in the Pavilions and they just sent me about 40 pages of attachments on an Email. My parents are on holiday and i have no idea what im doing or signing. I keep hearing bad things about it aswell :s-smilie:

Latest