The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I wish. I'm a 'bridge girl btw.

Will give it my best shot though.

A levels are Maths, Bio, Chem and English Lit. No work experience yet, am planning on Anaesetics, Oncology and Cardiothorasics because I'm cool like that.

Would say good luck, but theres a good chance I'm competing against you (2011?)
lol, I'm thinking of going for it! I'm doing further maths, chem, bio and physics :smile:
To have a chance I reckon ure GCSE grades have to be pretty good, so hopefully on Thursday it will go well :biggrin:

Good luck :smile:
You have no idea just how good you have to be. I mean the best of the best of the best in the country. I got 7A*s and 2A's at GCSE and I was like "woo Oxford here I come"; I got ACCD at AS

A Levels are so much harder :biggrin:
Reply 4
Wow, so many hopeful med students!

I would make a nice wager i'm the only guy not going onto Uni in this forum?
I thinking of it, I'm not going to apply though. :awesome:

:getmecoat:

gozatron
I would make a nice wager i'm the only guy not going onto Uni in this forum?

There are loads of you guys; you're just hidden in the crevices of TSR. :yep:
Reply 6
Hoping...i've only done 3 olevels though, continuing the rest of my olevel and starting AS next year...quick question, is it easier or harder to get in as a foreign student?
Reply 7
New question, Who actually wants to go there for the course structure, strong scientific basis and traditions?
Reply 8
Degausser
New question, Who actually wants to go there for the course structure, strong scientific basis and traditions?

I suspect a reasonable number will, but a greater proportion because they have the grades, the ability want the Oxbridge brand value.

And to be honest, I can't really blame them for it!

PS. Hilarious Subway letter spoiler in your sig. :rofl:
Reply 9
Dodo XD
quick question, is it easier or harder to get in as a foreign student?

It's much harder to get in as an international student because Oxford and Cambridge each accepts only a handful of internationals a year.
Reply 10
BJack
It's much harder to get in as an international student because Oxford and Cambridge each accepts only up to seven internationals a year.

Just seven? :frown: Bloody hell, might as well just quit now! You, my fellow TSRian, have just crushed my dreams!
Reply 11
Dodo XD
Just seven? :frown: Bloody hell, might as well just quit now! You, my fellow TSRian, have just crushed my dreams!

I'm not sure if it's exactly seven for Cambridge, but the relevant data (and explanation) for Oxford can be found here.

Competition for places on the Medicine course at Oxford University is very strong; also, a government-imposed quota restricts us to a maximum of seven Medicine students each year who are classified as international students for fees purposes (please see the University's statement on determining status for fees purposes).

Citizenship itself does not determine your status for fees purposes. The issue is decided according to the facts of each case; if you would like to pursue further the matter of your status for fees purposes, then please email [email protected] with full details.
Reply 12
BJack
I'm not sure if it's exactly seven for Cambridge, but the relevant data (and explanation) for Oxford can be found here.

I dont want to get into oxford, i want to get into Cambridge...i'll look it up.
I'm applying to Cambridge for the GEP :smile:
Reply 14
I'll probably read though the uni' prospectus. I mean you don't wanna' apply to uni' just becuz' of the names.
I'll look at the course etc.
x
Reply 15
im not going to apply even tho i have 10 A*s and 5 As at Alevels

thinks*the more ppl discouraged here the lesser the competition..hehehe*

but seriously, i dont have those grades..if i did i'd most definitely go for it!
so any of you with As in Alevels just apply .. least you'll know you tried
Well i wanna try to go for Oxbridge too!!!
but it depends if the Gcse grade would let me even qualify for it!!

A level choices - Biology, Chemistry, Critical thinking, History, English lang&lit!

No maths or physics unlike most ppl!!!
uhoh..but its rly imperial, king's and ucl that im focused on

GCSE RESULTS IN 3 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 17
no, I don't want to do medicine and I am not good enough.

Simple. :smile:
Reply 18
Serendipity &#9829
I wish. I'm a 'bridge girl btw.

Will give it my best shot though.

A levels are Maths, Bio, Chem and English Lit. No work experience yet, am planning on Anaesetics, Oncology and Cardiothorasics because I'm cool like that.

Would say good luck, but theres a good chance I'm competing against you (2011?)

Hahahaaa cool,

yeh i will be applying in 2011, may the best candidate win... :wink:
Reply 19
I'd love to go to Cambridge, went to a school trip there and it was great!
:yep:

Latest

Trending

Trending