The Student Room Group

HELP PLEASE! Hispanic Studies at QMUL: Reading List.

I have just been given my reading list for my first year studying Hispanic Studies at Queen Mary, University of London. They say that I should have obtained and read as many of the books as I can, but there are so many and it will be quite expensive if I buy them all, as they are not available from any of my local libraries.

The books include a monolingual Spanish dictionary, a grammar guide, a guide on English grammar for students of Spanish and several different 'companions to hispanic studies / latin american studies'.

Are first year students usually expected to have bought and read all of the books on their reading list? Please help, I really want to be prepared, but I don't want to spend money unecessarily!!!
orangekitkat
I have just been given my reading list for my first year studying Hispanic Studies at Queen Mary, University of London. They say that I should have obtained and read as many of the books as I can, but there are so many and it will be quite expensive if I buy them all, as they are not available from any of my local libraries.

The books include a monolingual Spanish dictionary, a grammar guide, a guide on English grammar for students of Spanish and several different 'companions to hispanic studies / latin american studies'.

Are first year students usually expected to have bought and read all of the books on their reading list? Please help, I really want to be prepared, but I don't want to spend money unecessarily!!!

Have you searched for them on amazon & ebay?

I wouldn't bother with the dictionary, as long as you do have one.
Forget the grammar guide (I never bought mine).
Sod the English grammar guide too.
Get a few of the companion books as they will be for modules.

Basically that's a pretty nasty reading list! You're uni library will have copies of all of them so perhaps get them out within the first few weeks.
I didn't buy or read anything before starting and got by fine.

Latest

Trending

Trending