The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

littleshambles
AFAIK most their science department offers are like AAB/ABB? Definitely not the lowest standard offers even in UCL. And comparatively low entry requirements does not = comparatively poor department necessarily.

Plus UCL is one of the few unis that interview the majority of its applicants, so I assume they take performance at interview into consideration as well as A Level grades when making offers.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
I believe that maths is actually A*AA now, as well as quite a few other courses.
faget
They seam two alaways ask for an extra E wich makes me think there trying to get they're grades up so yes they are deflating the grades!

That's just for AS, so the person didn't just do 3 A levels, but did an extra AS as well.

But anyway, it's an amazing uni.
Alean
What does your dad do?

Am I allowed to say on a forum?
He's even on google when you type in his name :rolleyes: with pictures and everything
Reply 24
SiaSiaSia
Am I allowed to say on a forum?
He's even on google when you type in his name :rolleyes: with pictures and everything

Well i'm really curious now lol
You don't need to tell me his name - i'm not interested in that tbh - but his job does sound interesting :p:
But fair dos if you don't want to say :smile:
Reply 25
lnwn
kings is top class :yep: ucl...not so much

lol@kings.
Reply 26
SiaSiaSia
my dad's - well lets say he's high up in his job - had never heard of UCL and he interviews people all the time :P when he knew it was a UoL though he said he'd regard it - when he's looking at applicants it goes basically like oxbridge - university of londons - some of the ones like nottingham, bath blabla - sliding scale downwards

I think it's fairly unimpressive your Dad considers UL colleges as a single entity. The UL is a huge federation made up of many very different institutions. It would be very short sighted to think of an education from one as interchangeable with another.
Reply 27
zef99
lol@kings.

lol@ YOUR FACE! :p:
Reply 28
UCl does not need to inflate its grades. It's hardcore difficult. Impossible sometimes. That does not necessarily mean that it's good as I have found that some of their subjects are aimed ridiculously high. People complain that today's A-Level students aren't really achieving but the issue is that UCL's standards are stuck in the 1950s. That's the difficulty.
Reply 29
You know how people say if you graduate from Imperial College with a science degree you'll have really good employability...
how about UCL?
Is UCL's strength science? Is it a recognized uni, I know below Imperial, but will it still help with employability?

Thanks
Selenaa
Is it a recognized uni, I know below Imperial, but will it still help with employability?

Yes, it very much will, most definitely.
Reply 31
lnwn
lol@ YOUR FACE! :p:

******* kcl knucklehead
Reply 32
unikq
******* kcl knucklehead

knucklehead? :confused: never heard of that term....what does it mean?
Reply 33
lnwn
knucklehead? :confused: never heard of that term....what does it mean?

it means you're a pleb. as per kcl students who couldn't get into ucl. oooh that hurts
unikq
it means you're a pleb. as per kcl students who couldn't get into ucl. oooh that hurts
Representing already LOL!
Reply 35
unikq

lol! i never applied to ucl they dont do the course i want and ucl is really run down unlike kings :p: plus why have a profile picture that that isnt of you :rolleyes: bless your ugly face :yep:
Reply 36
lnwn
lol! i never applied to ucl they dont do the course i want and ucl is really run down unlike kings :p: plus why have a profile picture that that isnt of you :rolleyes: bless your ugly face :yep:

kcl is a scumhole. our front page building is symetrical to the british museum. eat **** **********..
plus, what are you talking about, that isn't me in my profile picture? why? do i look too stunning to be a tsr member? jealous much? i guess we can arrange a meetup at freshers' fayre in ulu so you can marvel at my gorgeous face? hahahaha. kcl scamp

edit: did you choose to do "nutrition" or was that a clearing option cause you couldn't do food tech? lol. the truth hurts so much man.
Reply 37
unikq
kcl is a scumhole. our front page building is symetrical to the british museum. eat **** **********..
plus, what are you talking about, that isn't me in my profile picture? why? do i look too stunning to be a tsr member? jealous much? i guess we can arrange a meetup at freshers' fayre in ulu so you can marvel at my gorgeous face? hahahaha. kcl scamp

edit: did you choose to do "nutrition" or was that a clearing option cause you couldn't do food tech? lol. the truth hurts so much man.

erm cos mebbe hes some tv actor? cos that picture looks professionally taken :rolleyes: you ugly ****** and do i care if your trampy building looks like the british museum? plus if you're that clever then you'd no its not 'symetrical' its either 'similar' or 'identical' YOU IDIOT! you need to check your dictionary
Reply 38
unikq

lmao! you're so dumb! food tech isnt a science :rolleyes: and kings isnt actually EVER in clearing for nutrition cos theres only like 20 places - yours is computer science! arent there like loads and loads of places for that? - the truth hurts demented lil boy, lol your such a dumbass cos you cant do the sciences so you'll have to make do with your pathetic computer i guess, food tech and 'computer science' is for stupid people lmao all the dumbasses in my class went on to these course, seen as science is for the academic unlike you
Reply 39
lnwn
erm cos mebbe hes some tv actor? cos that picture looks professionally taken :rolleyes: you ugly ****** and do i care if your trampy building looks like the british museum? plus if you're that clever then you'd no its not 'symetrical' its either 'similar' or 'identical' YOU IDIOT! you need to check your dictionary

HHAHAHAHAHA. that's VERY flattering. thank you.
the photo was taken professionally at studio london as a profile shot because i'm a musician kcl chump. LOL. but don't worry, you've just pumped up my vanity about scale factor 100 hahaha, tv actor LOL. but as i've said, you can live in your demented world for the meantime, until we get to ulu freshers', and then i'll let you marvel at my beautiful tv actor face hahahaha. (i'm not gonna let that one go, you do realise that)
alternatively, you can go and check out my pretty face on facebook, if you're so desperate. www.facebook.com/renemusic
you just made a VERY big fool of yourselft... lol... and a tv actor of me hahahahaha.

and a building being symetrical makes perfect sense kcl scamp. or maybe the average literature capability of kcl doesn't venture much beyond elementary education. not surprised.

lnwn
lmao! you're so dumb! food tech isnt a science and kings isnt actually EVER in clearing for nutrition cos theres only like 20 places - yours is computer science! arent there like loads and loads of places for that? - the truth hurts demented lil boy, lol your such a dumbass cos you cant do the sciences so you'll have to make do with your pathetic computer i guess, food tech and 'computer science' is for stupid people lmao all the dumbasses in my class went on to these course, seen as science is for the academic unlike you

wow, someone's hit a soft spot lol. why get so defensive?cause i told the truth? hahaha. we don't really hve 'loads of places' for compsci. about 60. but seriously, who are you gonna be more impressed by? someone who is a computer master, or someone who knows how to eat his protein? now pump that up by the fact that the computer master went to ucl, and the protein dork went to kcl. unstoppable.

another thing we need to sort out. compsci isn't dept of sciences. we go under engineering. but i wouldn't expect a kcl to know that lol. monkeys.
and sorry if i offended your food tech thing. i just don't sink to those levels. guess i'll never know what it's like learning about how much fibre i should eat in a week eh?

but seriously, kcl just picked a wrong fight with ucl. no match. you will get steamrolled.
see you in september, chump

Latest

Trending

Trending