The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
av2606
Hi, I'm new here so be nice :redface:

Anyway, there's no doubt about it I have messed up my A2 levels. And when I mean messed up, I really mean it. I have a few questions to ask you guys.

1.) Is it possible to retake modules from the old syllabus in January 2010?
2.) If I retake modules in January 2010, will I have to retake the entire course (all the modules) or will my final A level result use the module results over the 3 years?
3.) Is January 2010 the last chance to retake modules from the old syllabus?
4.) What is the maximum time I can retake a module (I have done Economics 2881 once and retaken 3 times :eek:)

Adrian

1) Yes
2) No, just the modules you want.
3) Yes
4) As many times as you want.
Reply 2
There's a Remark one so I thought I'd do retake.

I will be retaking OCR Unit 1 Chemistry (again! :mad: ) and also Unit 2. I will also be retaking the practical examination for OCR Biology.

What's everyone else doing? :smile:
Both biology papers and an economics one -__- ****'s sake.
Psychology - EURGH IT WAS BAD ENOUGH THE FIRST TIME.
Reply 5
Psychology unit B AQA
General Studies unit B Edexcel
Maths C2 Edexcel
Business studies Unit 2 AQA

:frown:
Physics A and ******* decision Maths!
yesioo
There's a Remark one so I thought I'd do retake.

I will be retaking OCR Unit 1 Chemistry (again! :mad: ) and also Unit 2. I will also be retaking the practical examination for OCR Biology.

What's everyone else doing? :smile:

1 maths and 1 chem (got U in both :9 ) still got an overall B in both subjects but needed an A in chem for my course
S2 :facepalm:
Reply 9
i'm so glad somebody else has said they're retaking the practical skills in biology. it's so annoying, i did really well in the exams but flunked the coursework grr
Reply 10
I haven't got my results yet, but most probably everything :frown:
Reply 11
Core 2 and Stats edexcel maths, Chemistry 2 and Physics 2 AQA.
Reply 12
S1...pulled me down so off 1 mark an A for maths
2nd Critical Thinking module got a D...:/
I missed an A all three of my main subjects by no more than 4-10 UMS. If I just resit one module in each subject and accumulate the missing UMS points does it automatically step up the whole AS level to an A, or will I have to resit all the modules?
Reply 14
Maths- Everything

Chemistry - Investigation coursework OCR

English unit 4 and 6
Reply 15
Maths- Everything

Chemistry - Investigation coursework OCR

oh no bummer. what did you get?
I'm retaking my whole life.
Reply 17
French Oral :frown:
Reply 18
I'm gonna join in even though I did resits last year :smile:

I retook my RE New Testament paper for AS, it was so worth it because if I hadn't resat and got a few extra marks I wouldn't have got 3 A's at A Level.

Resits are really annoying, but so worth it!
My composition paper (C) and my exam (E). Do universities see or care if you retake modules of A.S levels? I did do this one early (year 11) to make up for it.....?!

Latest