The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
AlysonJ220
The fact that our house thread is more active than any other house thread makes me kinda proud to be a future AT resident. :biggrin:

Just shows how social we are.

You're from America- why did you decide to go to university "over the pond"?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 61
bottfly7
I don't get hangovers! :biggrin: (Seriously!)

Perhaps we could move everything into one room (if that is humanly possible) and then we will have more room. Although it will cause fights over who's stuff is who's. And ShinyShiny will kill people with his samurai sword.

Let's not talk about Samurai swords. This reminds me of Inglorious Basterds (which is a great film but the sword frightened me quite a bit lol).

Shall we just ignore that you have to tell the wardens that we are going to have a party?

And, btw, I'm going to be 20. Great, I'm much older than your lot lol (but I guess nobody will realize that :tongue: )

@Alyson: Yes, it's a great house, isn't it? We'll be the most sociable one *keeps fingers crossed*
bottfly7
I don't get hangovers! :biggrin: (Seriously!)

Perhaps we could move everything into one room (if that is humanly possible) and then we will have more room. Although it will cause fights over who's stuff is who's. And ShinyShiny will kill people with his samurai sword.

I broke it trying to open a can of beans:frown:.

Isn't the landing the usual place for parties?
Reply 63
Meela
I actually meant drug and not drop but hey, dropping sounds good, too. We can experiment which height provokes which noises :biggrin:

I heard the kitchens were massive. We can have one there xD

I heard we get a kitchen each.

Yeah we should definitely have party going :p: ,I think we know which two volunteers here will be baking.
Reply 64
9mm
I heard we get a kitchen each.

Yeah we should definitely have party going :p: ,I think we know which two volunteers here will be baking.

I charge :p:
bottfly7
I charge :p:

I retreat, What are you charging?
Reply 66
ShinyShiny
I broke it trying to open a can of beans:frown:.

Isn't the landing the usual place for parties?

You open baked beans with a samurai sword? Sharing a room would be very interesting!!
Reply 67
ShinyShiny
I retreat, What are you charging?

I do no washing up at all and get my own personal kitchen slave (sous chef)?
Reply 68
bottfly7
Just shows how social we are.

You're from America- why did you decide to go to university "over the pond"?

Well this is actually my second University. I studied for 4 years at University of San Diego, and during that time I had the opportunity to study abroad in Oxford. I absolutely fell in love with England and decided I would move there. :biggrin:

I decided law school would be good a time as ever to move. (Yeah btw I'm studying law :wink: )

meela
And, btw, I'm going to be 20. Great, I'm much older than your lot lol (but I guess nobody will realize that :tongue: )

@Alyson: Yes, it's a great house, isn't it? We'll be the most sociable one *keeps fingers crossed*

Haha I'm even older than you! I'm 22.

And I'm sure we will be the most sociable. I'm holding everyone to that lol.
bottfly7
I do no washing up at all and get my own personal kitchen slave (sous chef)?

Does that make me the slave :s-smilie: ?
Reply 70
AlysonJ220
Well this is actually my second University. I studied for 4 years at University of San Diego, and during that time I had the opportunity to study abroad in Oxford. I absolutely fell in love with England and decided I would move there. :biggrin:

I decided law school would be good a time as ever to move. (Yeah btw I'm studying law :wink: )

Haha I'm even older than you! I'm 22.

And I'm sure we will be the most sociable. I'm holding everyone to that lol.

You must be either:

1. Hyper rich, or...
2. Massively in debt

Were you a Rhodes Scholar then, or is that only if you are from Harvard (my knowledge of the American system is limited, as I am sure you can see!) :p:
Reply 71
ShinyShiny
Does that make me the slave :s-smilie: ?

Only if you want to be. Except that wouldn't be slavery.

So yes. :p:
Reply 72
bottfly7
You must be either:

1. Hyper rich, or...
2. Massively in debt

Were you a Rhodes Scholar then, or is that only if you are from Harvard (my knowledge of the American system is limited, as I am sure you can see!) :p:

Hahaha no no, neither really (yet). My parents paid for my first degree, and I'm paying for law school with loans (just as I had always planned on doing). Frankly, going to school in the UK is actually setting me back far less than it would have if I had gone to a comparable US law school.

And the Rhodes scholars do come from all over the US (actually 1 person is chosen from each district, so they are de facto spread out). But those are for graduate degrees, not study abroad. Plus, they are extremely competitive so...yeah no. haha. One of the guys from my high school was chosen this year though.
Reply 73
9mm

Hah, you wouldn't want to taste my baking. And shouldn't bottfly and me get cakes because it's our birthday? :biggrin: (but I'm willing to take self-made shoes too xD)

Alyson, now I know who you are, I added you on facebook :smile: We lawyers should take over AT, what do you think?
Reply 74
AlysonJ220
Hahaha no no, neither really (yet). My parents paid for my first degree, and I'm paying for law school with loans (just as I had always planned on doing). Frankly, going to school in the UK is actually setting me back far less than it would have if I had gone to a comparable US law school.

And the Rhodes scholars do come from all over the US (actually 1 person is chosen from each district, so they are de facto spread out). But those are for graduate degrees, not study abroad. Plus, they are extremely competitive so...yeah no. haha. One of the guys from my high school was chosen this year though.

Shame- for a moment there I thought I would be living in the same house as a millionaire!! :biggrin:

On an unrelated note: we are beating all the other UCL houses threads by loads!!! :woo:
Reply 75
Meela
Hah, you won't tase my baking. And shouldn't bottfly and me get cakes because it's our birthday? :biggrin: (but I'm willing to take self-made shoes too xD)

Alyson, now I know who you are, I added you on facebook :smile: We lawyers should take over AT, what do you think?

I agree about the cakes. :yep:

If you tried to take over AT, you would face a war with the medics! (And ShinyShiny is proficient in Kill Bill style!):biggrin:
Reply 76
If I was born 6 months earlier I bet I'd have a single room.

but no seriously, this party does seem to be becoming more realistic now, with or without chefs and sous chefs
Reply 77
bottfly7

If you tried to take over AT, you would face a war with the medics! (And ShinyShiny is proficient in Kill Bill style!):biggrin:

I wish I was involved in this war, where the hell are the architects hiding.
bottfly7

Plus we can get poison and I am good with a shotgun :crazy:
Reply 79
ShinyShiny
Plus we can get poison and I am good with a shotgun :crazy:

We should ally with the chemistry and pharmacy students. And the architects can design and build a trebuchet! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending