The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Does it really matter? Just do as he says.
Reply 2
Mr Snips
Does it really matter? Just do as he says.

Us lot on TSR have better knowledge than the Dentist. Do you not know that?? :p:
Reply 3
I just want to know...it's better to get the opinion of loads of people rather than one!
Reply 4
okay sorry lol.

I don't know is my answer... Use a search engine... i'm sure it'll give you some good answers :wink:
Reply 5
I tried and failed...
Reply 6
Oh.

Well my only logical guess would be that they would begin to heal themselves (as long as they don't fall out) over a long period of time unless they are excessively used in which case they would get aggrevated and so eventually come out. But that's just a guess... sorry for not being much more of a helper.
Reply 7
Qaz25
Oh.

Well my only logical guess would be that they would begin to heal themselves (as long as they don't fall out) over a long period of time unless they are excessively used in which case they would get aggrevated and so eventually come out. But that's just a guess... sorry for not being much more of a helper.

It's okay! :smile:
Reply 8
Well, when my braces were removed I felt as though some of my teeth were rather wobbly, but the dentist didn't seem to concerned and said that they would sort of 'set' themselves. It might be different in your case, if you're saying that your teeth are properly wobbling, and if I were you I'd just follow the dentist's advice and try not to use those teeth. You'll probably get in the habit of chewing a certain way eventually anyway, and it'll be worth it in the long run.
Reply 9
a bj with wobbly teeth, hmm cant make up my mind to weather that awesome or the worest bj possible.... hmmm....
Reply 10
llacerta
Well, when my braces were removed I felt as though some of my teeth were rather wobbly, but the dentist didn't seem to concerned and said that they would sort of 'set' themselves. It might be different in your case, if you're saying that your teeth are properly wobbling, and if I were you I'd just follow the dentist's advice and try not to use those teeth. You'll probably get in the habit of chewing a certain way eventually anyway, and it'll be worth it in the long run.

Thanks- very reassuring :smile:
c0nfus3d
Went to the dentist due to a lot of wobbly teeth and said I should be okay as long as I don't use my wobbly teeth when eating for 3 months. So, do wobbly teeth "heal" themselves?

Please help!!

Yeeah that sounds about right. When people knock out a tooth, all they do i s implant the tooth back into the mouth and give the person a brace for a couple of months, to keep the tooth in place where, i assume, the gum grows back over it. I saw it on an episode of bizarre ER, i hope this makes sense. ha
sounds like u have some sort of periodontal problem (gum disease) so if i were i wud book an appt. with a dental hygienist and also be extra good with brushing teeth etc.
try eating soft foods for a while e.g. egg n mayo sandwiches and reconsult your dentist.
Reply 13
FutureMedic!
Yeeah that sounds about right. When people knock out a tooth, all they do i s implant the tooth back into the mouth and give the person a brace for a couple of months, to keep the tooth in place where, i assume, the gum grows back over it. I saw it on an episode of bizarre ER, i hope this makes sense. ha

So...the tooth is normal again? You can continue to use it?
Reply 14
azn-wonder91
sounds like u have some sort of periodontal problem (gum disease) so if i were i wud book an appt. with a dental hygienist and also be extra good with brushing teeth etc.
try eating soft foods for a while e.g. egg n mayo sandwiches and reconsult your dentist.

I had periodontitis around 5 years back but my dentist said my teeth are perfectly normal now...:confused:
c0nfus3d
I had periodontitis around 5 years back but my dentist said my teeth are perfectly normal now...:confused:

hmm well do you think maybe you're paranoid? sometimes gums can become inflamed randomly so teeth feel a bit wobbly. try eating some iboprofen and see your hygienist again since u have a history of gum disease. also buy some mouthwash especially designed for people with sensitive gums
Reply 16
azn-wonder91
hmm well do you think maybe you're paranoid? sometimes gums can become inflamed randomly so teeth feel a bit wobbly. try eating some iboprofen and see your hygienist again since u have a history of gum disease. also buy some mouthwash especially designed for people with sensitive gums

I think I am paranoid. :smile: I just want to make sure- my dentist even wobbled my teeth and said they move slightly. I'm just scared :'( :frown:
c0nfus3d
So...the tooth is normal again? You can continue to use it?

Well... it's normal within reason, obv. they're probably told to not use it for a bit... but 3 months sounds a wee bit excessive. Just try your bestest to not use it for a bit... or until at least it feels a little better. That's what i would do anyways...
c0nfus3d
I think I am paranoid. :smile: I just want to make sure- my dentist even wobbled my teeth and said they move slightly. I'm just scared :'( :frown:

aww dont worry aslong as ur hygien is great ull be fine
tooth roots are huge so ur teeth wont be falling out anytime soon
distract urself by painting ur nails or something-any body part other than ur mouth
Reply 19
THANKYOU everyone!! :smile:

Latest