The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Biology students...?

I can't decide whether to take the Genetics or the physiology path as part of NatSci?

I like genetics a lot and I'll be doing Chemistry but the first year of it looks so boring and the Physiology course looks a LOT better (and it has an evolution module!)! But then for some reason the Physiology stuff in 2nd and 3rd year goes a bit "habitat-y" and animal based and it doesn't look as interesting :frown:

Does anyone know how much genetics is involved in the evolution module (BIOL 101) and if it's possible to do the first year of the physiology bit and then change to the genetics path for 2nd and 3rd years? It's different on the course guide things (Genetics involves doing BIOL 111, 112, 113, 114 and 124 and then 211 and 253 then 301 and 353 and Physiology involves doing BIOL 101 122 123 124 125 and then 221 231 or 263 then 343 or 373)

If anyone has done any of the above courses and can tell me about them that would be great...
(I will obviously chat to them when I get there just I have to send a preliminary choice thing off soon)

Latest

Trending

Trending