The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

ShinyShiny
Well I dont really do that stuff

Excellent. Let's not do that stuff together some time.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
liljaforever
can I join you? (unless you think it really rude of me to invite myself :biggrin:)

Sure, we can sit in a quiet room and try not to move.

But seriously it would be good to have some friends that dont club all the time.
liljaforever
by the way, are you one of the AT crazies? I've been following the other thread and now I'm contemplating opening an Astor thread but I'm afraid we wouldn't beat yours :biggrin:

You can never beat we AT crazies, Astor was actually my first choice but they rejected me.

There is a nice jazz club I know
liljaforever
jazz club sounds good as well. what else do you like? plays, music, musicals...

Yes on all three counts. You?
liljaforever
good! all of the above plus opera (ROH) whenever I can afford it. What kind of music? (I'll probably read your answer tomorrow, going to bed now, since my "new home", the AT has called it a day as well :wink:)

Any music but pop (I strongly like Prokofiev), Opera is good as is some ballet. How about you?

I have found someone to go to classical concerts with, this is very good.

By the way I sent you my facebook, I don't know if you got it.

Good night, I am going too.
liljaforever
Yes, ballet is good. If you like classical music you should go to the Barbican, the LSO is great (imho :smile:)

Definitely, I do rather like the Albert hall as well.
littleshambles
I will *know* like two people I used to be in classes with - one from secondary school and one from college. I don't think they'll be desperately clinging to me though. :p:

I am more worried as I don't like clubbing or huge dancing party type things and everyone else seems to. It would suck if everyone around me was into all that because I really don't want to have to go through that, even for the sake of freshers' week.

Edit. I bet I've already posted that in this thread and now look like a bit of a ******.

Edit. I haven't. Oh well, I still look like a ******.

P.S.: Anyone who doesn't mind someone incessantly self-deprecating about?

I'm the same as you (and the others who have replied) :smile:
What accommodation do you want/have?
liljaforever
that sounds like a plan. we could have tea-parties instead :biggrin: or go to cafés instead of pubs/clubs...

Tea parties are a lot more fun than clubbing and coffee means you can stary up till 5 playing a bizarre combination of monopoly, jenga and twister.
There should also be picnics in the summer (they're quite fun in the rain!)
liljaforever
yes please, to all of the above, I love picnics!
Scrabble also tends to be fun if played with the right people (Classics students know the craziest words) - Board games are seriously under-rated anyways :biggrin:

Seems that we've got a nice group of 'teetotallers' rounded up already on tsr, me likey!

Will have to have a tsr teetotallers meet up. And boardgames are very underated. I've actaully done all thoes things this summer and intend to continue the trend into uni!
Reply 69
raspberryjam
Will have to have a tsr teetotallers meet up. And boardgames are very underated. I've actaully done all thoes things this summer and intend to continue the trend into uni!

Risk and Monopoly ftw.
[QUOTE='[stephanie]']I'm the same as you (and the others who have replied) :smile:
What accommodation do you want/have?

Yay!

I would like self-catered and close to UCL as possible, single room would be nice but costly... So like Langton, Campbell? I put AT down as well without realising how many people share a kitchen etc together but that wouldn't be too bad either.

My nightmare scenario would be Ramsay. :moon:

What about you? :biggrin:
Reply 71
well i hear sme people who are going 2 live in halls are nervous. however i will be living at home, so u knw imagine how nervous i am. so hell knows what i am gonna do?? but yh u guys living at halls not need to worry as all the other ppl are nervous too.

I think we TSRians should link up and do something during the freshers week.
kashkng
well i hear sme people who are going 2 live in halls are nervous. however i will be living at home, so u knw imagine how nervous i am. so hell knows what i am gonna do?? but yh u guys living at halls not need to worry as all the other ppl are nervous too.

I think we TSRians should link up and do something during the freshers week.

Someone suggested that about a page back, and I whole-heartedly agree! I'm just too lazy to organise it myself... so, anyone? :biggrin:
Just add eachother on facebook and set up an event, its the easiest way.
Reply 74
yeah but the thing is, we'll all be so busy in fresher's week anyway that nobody will give up "real" friends in halls or course to go meet up with interenet people. trust me on this, i have experience from oxford interviews! if you want to make an event, make it for a few weeks after freshers.
Noémie
yeah but the thing is, we'll all be so busy in fresher's week anyway that nobody will give up "real" friends in halls or course to go meet up with interenet people. trust me on this, i have experience from oxford interviews! if you want to make an event, make it for a few weeks after freshers.

I wasn't suggesting that I would do, I can barely find my arse with both hands let alone actually organise something.
Reply 76
i wasn't directing what was a totally harmless kind piece of advice at you in a mean way... keep calm dear! :s-smilie:
I will try :biggrin:
littleshambles
Yay!

I would like self-catered and close to UCL as possible, single room would be nice but costly... So like Langton, Campbell? I put AT down as well without realising how many people share a kitchen etc together but that wouldn't be too bad either.

My nightmare scenario would be Ramsay. :moon:

What about you? :biggrin:

:biggrin:
Lol, I've got Ramsay :wink: I'm a bit disappointed that (as far as I'm aware) there are no en-suites, but I guess that's OK :smile:
Self-catered would be nice if I could actually cook (edible) food :smile:
raspberryjam

UCL TeeTotalers group does seem in order! (even though i'm not a 't-totaller' i love board games haha) has one been made yet?

I've had part of my summer consisting of Jenga and Frustration. Good ol' childhood memories!