The Student Room Group

The Official Stocks and Shares Thread

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone here day trade?
Original post by Dekota-XS
Does anyone here day trade?

Majority of traders lose money through day trading. Shouldn't do it.
Can someone please give me three figures for where they see the following companies trading at.....

PAF.........
RRl............
HER.........

Could you also give a timeframe aswell.

Thank you all
Original post by CityTrader
Can someone please give me three figures for where they see the following companies trading at.....

PAF.........
RRl............
HER.........

Thank you all

Back in a second, just grabbing my crystal ball

PAF.........
RRl............
HER.........

Thank you all

Sorry, my genie doesn't work on Mondays. I'll ask it tomorrow though.
Original post by Makaveli_The_Don
Sorry, my genie doesn't work on Mondays. I'll ask it tomorrow though.

Ahhahhaha... I have done research on all three and just wonderingwhich two out of the three - shoulkd invest I am thinking trade HER before the RNS and have a tight stop loss on it, then trade RRl and PAF as longer term trades......but I'm thinking with HER its a pump and dump stock
Ahhahhaha... I have done research on all three and just wonderingwhich two out of the three - shoulkd invest I am thinking trade HER before the RNS and have a tight stop loss on it, then trade RRl and PAF as longer term trades......but I'm thinking with HER its a pump and dump stock

Number 1 rule on the AIM for me is to never put a stop loss, you will lose your money. Be patient and you will be rewarded.
Why do you think HER is a pump and dump?
I'm in both HER and RRL atm. RRL seems the safer one for me atm because there fundamentals are so good. Say if Georgia fails, then you still have T&T, Texas, Puntland and possibly Colombia (in the near future) to back it up and sustain the share price.
Hmm.. Ok I think you be right actually RE the stopp loss.... The share price swings so much intra day.. Hat it could be costlyt
HER RNS :smile: You should've got in m8.
Hmm.. Ok I think you be right actually RE the stopp loss.... The share price swings so much intra day.. Hat it could be costlyt

There is suggestion that on (good) news MMs will drive the price down in wild swings to activate peoples stop losses and then can hoover up all the shares before the climb is started. Heard of this happening with RKH last year and people loosing potential thousands in profits.
Reply 4610
Whats people's opinion on EO forming XEO?
Don... Do you know the date for HER's RNS?
Reply 4612
Don... Do you know the date for HER's RNS?

Released today just a little while ago.
Original post by vn2009
Released today just a little while ago.

Cheers :-)
Another day and another fall in BAO, we need some (good)news! Not far to the sp I brought in at....
Original post by Makaveli_The_Don
Stay away from DES.

I hope everyone listened to these wise words???
@fynch......What level do you PAF will reach in a specific time scale..... Thanks

PAF, well providing they keep their P/E ratio of 10, with a high making it get to about 13 when the price was 12p recently, what will happen in late august is they will elease their 2010/2011 results, showing profit increasing by I would imagine a minimum of 50%, possibly and up to 100%. So looking at between £21m and £30m after-tax profit.

This gives a forward P/E ratio of between 5.5 and 7.5. Assuming that P/E ratios revolve around a constant equilibrium, which does not always hold for stocks but it has done in the past and will continue for PAF, a forward P/E ratio of 5.5 to 7.5 will cause to price to move to between around 14p and 20p. However price targets should be around 20% about these estimates due to the initial craze. Note last august, share price was 6p, shot up to 12p on results over the next few months. Furthermore, the platinum mine will start production in Q42011, as well as a chrome plant, so its got great growth prospects for next year too.

All in all, if the share price isn't 20p+ comfortably in 2 years I will attend the agm pretending to be a cash for gold salesman. It should have hit 30p by that time too realistically.

If you fancy staying out then do, the time to invest may be more june time, not sure though. Theres a small chance the share price will fall a bit by june/july but if so it won't be by much, like to 9p at most.
Reply 4617
Managed to get out of DES this morning; lost £140, but saved £80 from my £220 trade; meh, i knew the risks and put in what i could happily afford to lose so yeah, would of liked it to hit 130p with oil of course, but this is life/DES lol; without oil from the Ninky Well, it is now a complete mess.
Original post by Fynch101
PAF, well providing they keep their P/E ratio of 10, with a high making it get to about 13 when the price was 12p recently, what will happen in late august is they will elease their 2010/2011 results, showing profit increasing by I would imagine a minimum of 50%, possibly and up to 100%. So looking at between £21m and £30m after-tax profit.

This gives a forward P/E ratio of between 5.5 and 7.5. Assuming that P/E ratios revolve around a constant equilibrium, which does not always hold for stocks but it has done in the past and will continue for PAF, a forward P/E ratio of 5.5 to 7.5 will cause to price to move to between around 14p and 20p. However price targets should be around 20% about these estimates due to the initial craze. Note last august, share price was 6p, shot up to 12p on results over the next few months. Furthermore, the platinum mine will start production in Q42011, as well as a chrome plant, so its got great growth prospects for next year too.

All in all, if the share price isn't 20p+ comfortably in 2 years I will attend the agm pretending to be a cash for gold salesman. It should have hit 30p by that time too realistically.

If you fancy staying out then do, the time to invest may be more june time, not sure though. Theres a small chance the share price will fall a bit by june/july but if so it won't be by much, like to 9p at most.

Cheers mate, I think i will hold for now, but i will definantely be investing with this one in the near future...............
Reply 4619
Original post by vn2009
Whats people's opinion on EO forming XEO?

Splitting the company makes t/o easier for potential bidders. I think Encore will be taken over really soon (like next 3 months) once they've done all the drilling they plan to do in Cladhan and Catcher and proved up those reserves. I don't think XEO is as likely to be bought, i mean it's basically all exploration assets, i expect Booth will decide to take that on and explore it himself; he'll walk away from encore with 200p a share in his bank account.

I'm just hoping that Xcite gets this reserves report out soon so i can sell and move half into encore and half into range before they both increase much more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending