Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official Stocks and Shares Thread

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
One quick question - from of our list, who would you most like to see on TSR doing a Q&A? 23-09-2014
Complete this short survey for a chance to win an iPad mini! 22-09-2014
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Leave FML alone for the moment. ENK are about to blowwwww.. (i hope)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not sure how much further ENK will be going... it's had 40% this morning already
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    plus they're still waiting on funding
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    yeah i'm watching them very closely. i got in and am 20% up so may consider selling.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I'm new to this, just wanted to know how you guys research companies and decide which ones are worth buying?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon)
    yeah i'm watching them very closely. i got in and am 20% up so may consider selling.
    Well they could secure funding from the chinese or not, looks like they will from reading but fairly risky.
    Profits profit if you're not prepared to risk waiting... plus there wasnt actually any news today which spouted the increase.... very strange.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rocketscience)
    Hi
    I'm new to this, just wanted to know how you guys research companies and decide which ones are worth buying?
    I research mostly via the internet from news sources and also company profiles via their websites. Try to establish the potential of the company based on this information and predict where the share could be in X amount of time.
    Normally I buy shares only on the uptake, very rarely will invest in stocks that are extremely volatile and have either bad or no news forthcoming.

Do a lot of reading before investing in any company, evaluate the risk and always consider the worst.
    Some people analyse charts which can work if you are shorting a stock but I've found its less reliable.

Hope this helps.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just for those who are new to buying shares, you might notice me and others on here using abbreviations. Below I've listed what a few mean....

SP - Share Price
    MM - Market Maker
    Investing Short Term - Buying a share short term and holding it for a short period of time.
    Investing Long Term - Buying a share and holding it for a long period of time.
    RNS - Regulatory News Service (the exchanges service of releasing news about companies)
    LSE - London Stock Exchange

This is just a few but it might help people understand some of my posts

Edited due to pedantic comments of some utter tools.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Tip of the day. PXS, get it at under 10p
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincePauper)
    Tip of the day. PXS, get it at under 10p
    On what basis?
    Try to back up tips with some explanation
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turn_the_page_day_by_day)
    On what basis?
    Try to back up tips with some explanation
    on the basis that it has a 20p target that will be reached in about 2/3 weeks. dyor of course
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    lol yeah. who knows who is watching this thread blindly and willing to just invest!

i will research it though.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    This one looks ok actually, RNS any day now, company has huge potential with possible buys from coca cola and the likes...
    Where did you see this target price of 20p?
    Might invest a couple of hundred short time in this to pay for some beer for freshers week :P
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    well its 10p now, with the RNS through I would be looking at 12-15p and then the following deals could even push it up to 30p. The sky is the limit with this share
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    well its 10p now, with the RNS through I would be looking at 12-15p and then the following deals could even push it up to 30p. The sky is the limit with this share
    Agreed, it has huge potential. Especially if the major consumer brands get on board.

What else are you currently in?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nice tip, I checked it out at looks like its goin straight upwards! I got in at 9.75p a few minutes ago
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well done guys!!!! you should be already in profit!! it looks like it should be closing at 10.50!! good luck!!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turn_the_page_day_by_day)
    Agreed, it has huge potential. Especially if the major consumer brands get on board.

What else are you currently in?

I know it shouldnt be done, but all my eggs are in this!! bought in 4 weeks ago at 1.7p so making a tidy profit. Its such a safe bet!!

Got another tip but this is not until late september....
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    how much have you guys put into it?

i'm glad i got out of ENK.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well done guys!!!! you should be already in profit!! it looks like it should be closing at 10.50!! good luck!!
    Cheers! I phoned my friend a couple of hours ago to tell him about this stock and he goes yeah I bought £1000 this morning lol

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 23, 2014
New on TSR

TSR Freshers' blogs 2014

Read what TSR's freshers have to say as they head off to uni

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.