The Student Room Group

The Official Stocks and Shares Thread

Scroll to see replies

Leave FML alone for the moment. ENK are about to blowwwww.. (i hope)
Not sure how much further ENK will be going... it's had 40% this morning already
plus they're still waiting on funding
yeah i'm watching them very closely. i got in and am 20% up so may consider selling.
Hi
I'm new to this, just wanted to know how you guys research companies and decide which ones are worth buying?
TheLouisVuittonDon
yeah i'm watching them very closely. i got in and am 20% up so may consider selling.

Well they could secure funding from the chinese or not, looks like they will from reading but fairly risky.
Profits profit if you're not prepared to risk waiting... plus there wasnt actually any news today which spouted the increase.... very strange.
rocketscience
Hi
I'm new to this, just wanted to know how you guys research companies and decide which ones are worth buying?

I research mostly via the internet from news sources and also company profiles via their websites. Try to establish the potential of the company based on this information and predict where the share could be in X amount of time.
Normally I buy shares only on the uptake, very rarely will invest in stocks that are extremely volatile and have either bad or no news forthcoming.

Do a lot of reading before investing in any company, evaluate the risk and always consider the worst.
Some people analyse charts which can work if you are shorting a stock but I've found its less reliable.

Hope this helps.
Just for those who are new to buying shares, you might notice me and others on here using abbreviations. Below I've listed what a few mean....

SP - Share Price
MM - Market Maker
Investing Short Term - Buying a share short term and holding it for a short period of time.
Investing Long Term - Buying a share and holding it for a long period of time.
RNS - Regulatory News Service (the exchanges service of releasing news about companies)
LSE - London Stock Exchange

This is just a few but it might help people understand some of my posts :smile:

Edited due to pedantic comments of some utter tools.
Tip of the day. PXS, get it at under 10p
PrincePauper
Tip of the day. PXS, get it at under 10p

On what basis?
Try to back up tips with some explanation :smile:
turn_the_page_day_by_day
On what basis?
Try to back up tips with some explanation :smile:

on the basis that it has a 20p target that will be reached in about 2/3 weeks. dyor of course
lol yeah. who knows who is watching this thread blindly and willing to just invest!

i will research it though.
This one looks ok actually, RNS any day now, company has huge potential with possible buys from coca cola and the likes...
Where did you see this target price of 20p?
Might invest a couple of hundred short time in this to pay for some beer for freshers week :P
well its 10p now, with the RNS through I would be looking at 12-15p and then the following deals could even push it up to 30p. The sky is the limit with this share
PrincePauper
well its 10p now, with the RNS through I would be looking at 12-15p and then the following deals could even push it up to 30p. The sky is the limit with this share

Agreed, it has huge potential. Especially if the major consumer brands get on board.

What else are you currently in?
Reply 55
PrincePauper

Nice tip, I checked it out at looks like its goin straight upwards! I got in at 9.75p a few minutes ago
Well done guys!!!! you should be already in profit!! it looks like it should be closing at 10.50!! good luck!!
turn_the_page_day_by_day
Agreed, it has huge potential. Especially if the major consumer brands get on board.

What else are you currently in?

I know it shouldnt be done, but all my eggs are in this!! bought in 4 weeks ago at 1.7p so making a tidy profit. Its such a safe bet!!

Got another tip but this is not until late september....
how much have you guys put into it?

i'm glad i got out of ENK.
Reply 59
PrincePauper
Well done guys!!!! you should be already in profit!! it looks like it should be closing at 10.50!! good luck!!

Cheers! I phoned my friend a couple of hours ago to tell him about this stock and he goes yeah I bought £1000 this morning lol

Quick Reply