The Student Room Group

The Official Stocks and Shares Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
I agree that there will be a growth spurt tomorrow morning, in PXS. Good luck for tomorrow, I personally just don't have the money to get into the market, and to be honest not of age as of yet. When I hit 18, I reckon I will take a dabble. Have been watching the markets fairly closely for over a year now, and had some great punts which went well this year, but more so with the usual Barclays/RBS. So nothing 'special' as of such. Wish I could get into RBS for the long term though, nice company it seems :P.

Good luck, nevertheless for tomorrow. Will be keeping a watch of this thread for as long as it lasts, and post whenever I can :smile:
This is pure madness. Is anyone else seeing this?!?!!? The treeshake is crazy
Everyone is getting out damn.
This is why you guys should have been up from the start of the market. Or maybe you are.. who knows.
TheLouisVuittonDon
This is why you guys should have been up from the start of the market. Or maybe you are.. who knows.

I'm awake and have been for hours :P at work!
Told you it may happen RNS them saying nothing is causing SP to rise... it will rock up and down all day now, wouldnt be suprised it it closes around 13p.
Did you buy in?
lol i just saw the charts it shot above 22p!! hopefully someone has someone managed to sell at this! thats crazy! then straight back down to 14! jeez, good luck on this, glad I didnt pull rbs for this lol... too volatile for me
haha. i need to get out of this at some point, bought in at the start of the day. got greedy and didn't get out at 22p.. can't believe my eyes, the market makers are messing this up!!
it's going up again, may sell in a few minutes possibly.
turn_the_page_day_by_day
lol i just saw the charts it shot above 22p!! hopefully someone has someone managed to sell at this! thats crazy! then straight back down to 14! jeez, good luck on this, glad I didnt pull rbs for this lol... too volatile for me

there must be a reason for all the original buys though?

it's a bad RNS :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:
TheLouisVuittonDon
there must be a reason for all the original buys though?

it's a bad RNS :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

Put a stop loss in for around the 20p market, it may shake up to this today again... i have no idea what this will end on actually.
The RNS isnt technically bad, they've just said there isnt a reason for the SP rise which we all knew anyway.... it couldnt make a small stall in the rise but again im not sure with this one.

Keep calm, dont panic, if you bought on open you'd have paid 13? 14? you'll still be in profit of £200+ if you sell at 16p. thats if you put £2k on like you said.
RNS ----

LONDON, Aug 28 (Reuters) - Provexis Plc:

* Not aware of any information relating to the company that would lead to such

a share movement

((London Equities Newsroom; +44 20 7542 7717))
turn_the_page_day_by_day
Put a stop loss in for around the 20p market, it may shake up to this today again... i have no idea what this will end on actually.
The RNS isnt technically bad, they've just said there isnt a reason for the SP rise which we all knew anyway.... it couldnt make a small stall in the rise but again im not sure with this one.

Keep calm, dont panic, if you bought on open you'd have paid 13? 14? you'll still be in profit of £200+ if you sell at 16p. thats if you put £2k on like you said.

I only put £1,000 in the end because i was so worried. I think when it gets to 16 next i will sell.
TheLouisVuittonDon
I only put £1,000 in the end because i was so worried. I think when it gets to 16 next i will sell.

Well I decided to have a bit of Friday FUN :biggrin: Bought in at 14.5p a min ago, stop loss in for 17.5p, on £500.. i'll profit £100 which will pay for my weekend :P
GL mate keep ur calm it will rise a little again on the bounce
turn_the_page_day_by_day
Well I decided to have a bit of Friday FUN :biggrin: Bought in at 14.5p a min ago, stop loss in for 17.5p, on £500.. i'll profit £100 which will pay for my weekend :P
GL mate keep ur calm it will rise a little again on the bounce

good luck to you! i think i will get out at that point as well. :biggrin:

i wonder how the other two guys posting in here are doing.
TheLouisVuittonDon
good luck to you! i think i will get out at that point as well. :biggrin:

i wonder how the other two guys posting in here are doing.

LOL i cant do any work im on edge here, stop loss decreased to 17p, i'm on edge too much. I wont take less than this. Worked out how much my weekends gona cost and its £85 :P 17p will cover this.
also is your broker really flippin slow today?
barclays is like p**sing in the wind
lol this is insane how much it's moving, it's a bit more stable now though and i think people are putting more money into it. i may end up staying in until the end of the day.

my broker isn't too bad at the moment luckily.. i would be very very happy if it goes up to 19p. then i would take my money and go

today has been too nerve shattering, i don't think i can day trade!
TheLouisVuittonDon
lol this is insane how much it's moving, it's a bit more stable now though and i think people are putting more money into it. i may end up staying in until the end of the day.

my broker isn't too bad at the moment luckily.. i would be very very happy if it goes up to 19p. then i would take my money and go

today has been too nerve shattering, i don't think i can day trade!

Yeah its calming a little, it trends to rise around 2pm, i think people will buy into this for the long weekend, personally ill be getting out even if its not at profit at end of day coz i need my money lol.

barc just is really slow and keeps giving me wrong prices.

haha this is why I dont day trade... just fancied a bit of fun for today
turn_the_page_day_by_day
Yeah its calming a little, it trends to rise around 2pm, i think people will buy into this for the long weekend, personally ill be getting out even if its not at profit at end of day coz i need my money lol.

barc just is really slow and keeps giving me wrong prices.

haha this is why I dont day trade... just fancied a bit of fun for today

it is such fun though right! i see how people get so rich off this.

if someone put £50,000 in at 1p and got out at 22p then they have about a cool million. :eek:

i'm now thinking what will be the next big share to put money in..

i hope you get your money for the weekend! if i end up making 200 then i'll probably have a good night tonight. :biggrin:
TheLouisVuittonDon
it is such fun though right! i see how people get so rich off this.

if someone put £50,000 in at 1p and got out at 22p then they have about a cool million. :eek:

i'm now thinking what will be the next big share to put money in..

i hope you get your money for the weekend! if i end up making 200 then i'll probably have a good night tonight. :biggrin:

Well GKP is down again today not happy about that.
Not too worried about them though, they'll have RNS in a week or two and should double up again.

PXS is crazy today, I wish id got in on open and SL at 20p, be laughing now :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending