The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I see your point... but no...
The Iraq war was Dubya wanting to finish what his daddy started, and for some reason Blair went along with it.

The invasion of Afganistan was in my opinion a knee-jerk reaction to 9/11.
Yes the Taliban occupied and controlled it and yes it had backward religious laws, but so does Saudia Arabia. The only reason Britain and America doesn't invade Saudi is because not only the oil but both get money from arms deals with them.

Afganistan was a kneejerk reaction and now look at the mess almost 8 years later.
To quote Michael Moore: "How to stop terrorists: Stop being terrorists!"
Reply 23
Well someone's on the debating team.

No srsly, cos you've obviously done your research...*sigh*
We're fighting for peace.
jermaindefoe
seriously though the taliban need to be killed for what they did to eugene armstrong and ken bigley, if you dont believe me google ofr the video

I guess you'd also believe that all Americans need to die for Guantanamo bay then?

Cultivated
We're fighting for peace.

No we're not! We're supposed to be but in actual fact we're fighting for revenge and we're fighting because we disagree with their views and how they treat people. They may not be very justified in what they're doing but that doesn't mean we should condone the massacre of all of them and that's what we're fighting for.
Oh yeah because killing more people is the best solution.
Wow, you must know more about politics than I do :rolleyes:
Reply 29
look yeh, ATLEAST make it a bit less obvious that you arent a troll....this is your first post....fool
Reply 31
Going to war to prevent war. Most of us would rather only have to watch people dying, being shot, being tortured and things exploding on the news rather than it happen on their bus ride or tube journey.

Terrorist groups such as Al Quada operate in many, many countries. So, occupying Afghanistan isn't really making much difference. In my opinion, with only several thousand troops it's a waste of money and a losing battle against a backwards and corrupt regime.
lol.

/thread

Latest