The Student Room Group

Changing name on Vodafone contract

My mum took out a contract for me to use the phone when I was 17, but I'm now 18 and the direct debit comes straight out of my account, but any letters get sent in my mum's name. Does anyone know if you are able to change the name on the contract?
Reply 1
Yeah you can, you need to get your mum to ring them as a security thing and then they'll add your name to it. I did the same when I went to uni :smile:
Reply 2
You can be added as a third party, but the contract will always be in her name, and ultimately, her responsibility.
Reply 3
Yeah you can, you need to get your mum to ring them as a security thing and then they'll add your name to it. I did the same when I went to uni

Come to think of it, I think I might have already done this. I had to get my mum to set up a security pin for the account when I took my phone in due to a manufacturing fault, this enabled me to contact customer services etc... Do you think this is the same thing?
Eden09
Yeah you can, you need to get your mum to ring them as a security thing and then they'll add your name to it. I did the same when I went to uni :smile:

Not always.
Although it probably differs between networks, but I was able to change the contract to my name with O2.
Reply 5
Yes Vodafone mobile rubrush rip people off and got my name wrong and saying my account under investigation for fraud when it's them got my name wrong in first place now blocked my phone is can't use it it make calls or texts any 1 unless otherwise okay that charge high prices u can changed name onine got do it
Original post by gillsfan36
My mum took out a contract for me to use the phone when I was 17, but I'm now 18 and the direct debit comes straight out of my account, but any letters get sent in my mum's name. Does anyone know if you are able to change the name on the contract?

I checked the site of Vodafone and found this: http://vodafone.intelliresponse.com/index.jsp?requestType=NormalRequest&source=100&id=1316&question=Changing+ownership+of+your+mobile+number.

i hope it helps.

Quick Reply