The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

physics physics physics
you get to learn how the world works

oh and english sucks ass
Reply 21
Do they care if you're an all rounder if you're doing a specific course at uni?

Bit of a thinker there. Well, it is for me x]
Reply 22
Physics.
Reply 23
English literature.
Id say with all the logical thinking youve got in your A levels you should show some cultural and lateral thinking, so english literature!
I also did them both and I enjoyed literature more, but thats just me (I promise im not biased!!!!!!!!!!)
:smile:
Reply 24
Ok well further maths is pretty lateral too..
Reply 25
Yeah I'm doing Further Maths and English Lit. Whilst maths is harder, English Lit is by no means a doss. I'd go for English Lit. - sometimes you just read something that makes you feel your life's worth living :smile:
Reply 26
Physics for sure, definitely if you want to apply to Cambridge.
Reply 27
As of now I'm still sitting on the fence for Physics and Eng Lit. :eek3:

Someone even brought up History which is now getting some consideration lol.

Gonna phone LSE and Cambridge; may as well get a suggestion outta them too.

But thanks for the comments so far, I'm sure after some thought it'll help me reach a conclusion...
Reply 28
English Literature - So Much Fun :smile:
Reply 29
I phoned both LSE and Cambridge asking what would make a good fourth A-Level and both replied saying it doesnt't matter lol.

I appreciate everyone's comments.

In the end: between Eng Lit, Physics (and the later considered History) I've decided to do...

Spoiler

Reply 30
Physics physics physics physics physics physics physics physics physics physics physics physics!

Be a man! Dont even think about comparing physics to a doss subject.
Physics! :biggrin:
Some colleges have a really useful tool which lets you respond to content on each course you're considering. It helps you which you'd be more motivated in. Very good.
It's called Options, it's provided by colleges, and probably schools, by Options Education. Ask whether your school or college has it. Check it out.

All the best
GP

Latest