The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Basically, they ****ed up. Edexcel have messed up so many students' grades at my school. Find out the grade boundaries and work it out for yourself - your best bet. (or ring the exam board/talk to your school, alternatively).
That sounds more like an A/A* to me.
Reply 2
Thanks for reassuring me that it does indeed look strange. I'm sure the exam board must have got it right though, just seems inexplicable. I'll ring the school and see if they can enlighten me. I don't understand these new modular maths things :woo:
This isn't the only time edexcel have messed up - it's like they get ready to print the certificates and then click scramble!
Reply 4
robfinlay
Thanks for reassuring me that it does indeed look strange. I'm sure the exam board must have got it right though, just seems inexplicable. I'll ring the school and see if they can enlighten me. I don't understand these new modular maths things :woo:

Well, the exam board itself messed up many results at my school! One girl got a D who eventually, it turned out, had an A or A*.
Good luck though, and well done :biggrin:

Kinesthetic

Preciselyy! It's awful.
Reply 5
Very Bizzare. The last 3 Modules were foundation, which I think puts the maximum grade at C anyway. They do seem quite high marks for a D though even taking that into account.
Reply 6
Hi, newbi here pullin my hair out!

GCSE 5384F 2381 Maths3

I know its a foundation course and the best grade I can get is C but Ive been given a D:

Thats a D - not a huge grin...lol
my results look like this:

maths 1 52/055
maths 2 stg 1 36/042
maths 2 stg 2 35/041
maths 3 116/139

Maybe I just missed out by 1 mark perhaps..Please help and explain if possible
Reply 7
Your actual marks for your answers are converted to uniform marks, it's not vital to understand how since it's your uniform marks that are reported in your results. If you take higher papers the maximum uniform mark is 400. If you take all foundation papers the maximum uniform mark is 277. The minimum score for a C is 240. If your terminal paper is at Foundation then the maximum award is a C.

Robbo1 you got 239, missing a C by 1 uniform mark. I don't generally recommend remarks for GCSE maths but in this case you might want to ask your teachers about it.

Robfinlay you got 235, missing C by 5 uniform marks.

You are both very close to C so talk to your teachers about what your options are - a C will be very useful for future education or employment...
Reply 8
Thank you so much! I will speak to my teacher. Cheers!

Latest