Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Student Support Number (SSN)

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i'm just registering with my uni (Bham) and they are asking for a student support number, is this the same as my alias ID?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nevermind, i found it on another form!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serbinator)
    Nevermind, i found it on another form!
    Which form?

I'm struggling with the same thing
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Big_C.)
    Which form?

I'm struggling with the same thing
    How annoying! I came to this page via Google, wondering where to find this number. People should ALWAYS state their solution to problems on forums once they find them.

Anyway, it's at the top of letters from the Student Loans Company. If you have any letters that tell you how much you'll get, it'll be below your customer reference number.

Mine starts with SFDU.

If you really can't be bothered to find a letter, log in to your student finance account online and view a letter they've sent you on there in "view correspondence" and it should be there.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lamasamaka)
    How annoying! I came to this page via Google, wondering where to find this number. People should ALWAYS state their solution to problems on forums once they find them.

Anyway, it's at the top of letters from the Student Loans Company. If you have any letters that tell you how much you'll get, it'll be below your customer reference number.

Mine starts with SFDU.

If you really can't be bothered to find a letter, log in to your student finance account online and view a letter they've sent you on there in "view correspondence" and it should be there.

My status on there atm is assesed but I havent recieved anything with that number on :hellloo:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My status on there atm is assesed but I havent recieved anything with that number on :hellloo:
    Oh dear, I've just looked on the student finance and they've taken off the useful "view correspondence" feature.

I suppose if you don't have a letter with it on, that wouldn't help anyway.

I looked around my account (which is all processed) and it isn't there at all.

You need to either wait for the full entitlement letter to arrive or call them to obtain the number.

I recommend you call them A.S.A.P. if you need to give it to your university
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lamasamaka)
    Oh dear, I've just looked on the student finance and they've taken off the useful "view correspondence" feature.

I suppose if you don't have a letter with it on, that wouldn't help anyway.

I looked around my account (which is all processed) and it isn't there at all.

You need to either wait for the full entitlement letter to arrive or call them to obtain the number.

I recommend you call them A.S.A.P. if you need to give it to your university

I tried to get through mate!

Completely no chance of getting through on the phones atm

Called birmingham and they said its ok as long as i give it them before oct 8th

Cya next week!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I tried to get through mate!

Completely no chance of getting through on the phones atm

Called birmingham and they said its ok as long as i give it them before oct 8th

Cya next week!
    Ah that's fine, you'll have time to get it before then. Bham are being quite understanding about this stuff, I hear, so I'm sure they'll help you out with this stuff.

Two days to go! See you
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    This was really inconvenient to find. I was on the verge of stopping my registration and waiting for the SFE call center to open the in the morning, but I spotted it before I logged out.

Mine was on the very back page of my collection of letters confirming my amounts to be paid, just under the barcode. The page is titled "University or College Payment Advice".

Good Luck

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 20, 2011
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.