The Student Room Group
Reply 1
For maths, did you do AQA?
Reply 2
No i did OCR
It is best to seek professional advice from your teachers. Bear in mind that it will cost and that the price is only refunded if there is a change of grade. It has to be a personal decision, but in this case, you are so close to the next grade, it might be worth it. The only issue is that in maths the answer is either right or wrong, so the mark scheme is not as open to interpretation as in some arts-based subjects.
Reply 4
Probably, just to get those extra marks. Did you expect the higher grades? It's minimal effort on your part I guess :smile:
Reply 5
Hey guys, I'm in a pretty similar situation with my English Literature.
I got 1 mark, only 1 mark from an A.. I asked my teacher about it when I picked up my results and he was kinda iffy about it. He didn't say it was a bad idea but it isn't actually necessary as I'm not taking English any further in life (plus, supposedly English language is the important one? I'm not really sure :s-smilie:).
So does anyone know what I would have to do to get a remark? Is there any point? How much would it cost?

Oh also, I know for a lot of jobs they require you to have at least a C GCSE in Maths and English, but which English are they referring to?

Latest