Reply 1
No, you don't
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Thanks!
Reply 3
I swear when I applied for finance for my second round it was just a piece of paper I had to sign... infact, I think that was just contractually registering for the course... I think it just said the course fees were covered out of my yearly allowance. Strange...
Reply 4
½+½
I swear when I applied for finance for my second round it was just a piece of paper I had to sign... infact, I think that was just contractually registering for the course... I think it just said the course fees were covered out of my yearly allowance. Strange...

That's what happened with my 2nd time too. But my 3rd time I had to fill in the stupid form again :dontknow:
Reply 5
When I did the first one it said I still had so much left that I could use on courses that start before September, but I'm applying for a course that's after that date so into a new year. I guess that's why I've got the form again. You don't have to send as much stuff back anyway as they alreay know who I am this time, just copies of P60s.
Reply 6
Ahh that's a bit of a pain in the yarse. Maybe they will make an exception of me when my third time comes round... probably not though!
Reply 7
Juno
That's what happened with my 2nd time too. But my 3rd time I had to fill in the stupid form again :dontknow:

I think if you've been granted funding for one year, then apply for a course within the same financial year, then it's just a formality.

IOW, you fill in the whole form for each first course within that financial year.

... Could be wrong, but I thinks that's it.
Reply 8
So do they not work on the academic year? When I got my grant I wasn't expecting it so I phoned up the OU to confirm I was supposed to have it. They said that I was and that I would get it every academic year that I study with them. I'm pretty sure they confirmed I would next be getting it in October but I'm not 100% on that.
Reply 9
how it works is they set your financial support the first time you apply them they use that for the next year etc.

My friend registered for level 2 courses stating financial support and she received a letter stating how much she would get. She filled in a new support form (thinking that was what she was meant to do) amd her financial support changed.

I think as long as your income doesn't change then you only need to fill in one form.

Latest