The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Quick QUestion

so imperial say they want A's in all maths modules first time round

"In addition, candidates will normally be required to obtain grade A in all their mathematics modules at the first attempt."
that is for engineering.

i have a quick question - i took C2 in january 2009 and got an A (86/100) however i was disappointed with the 86 because i knew i could do better so i retook it in june and got 100/100.

will that worsen my application or is it a good thing or what? will they mind if retook it?
It says you needed an A at the first attempt, which you got. I don't think it would matter - I think it only matters if you got a B the first time.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Well you obtained grade A in the C2 mathematics module on your first attempt - which is what they require.. I'm shocked that you decided to retake the unit though.
Reply 3
deshi55
Well you obtained grade A in the C2 mathematics module on your first attempt - which is what they require.. I'm shocked that you decided to retake the unit though.

yeah a lot of ppl were. but i knew im better than that and i proved it :biggrin:
Lol. Making extra work for yourself if you ask me :confused:
I got 85 in C1 :p:
Reply 5
Yeah well done for getting such a high mark, even on the 2nd attempt it's impressive. The time you spent re-taking that didn't affect your other units though, right?
Reply 6
I find in hindsight it's better to retake the AS-Levels and smack them because they're relatively easy compared to the A2 work. Well done OP :smile: Oh, you got an A the first time around so it shouldn't matter. If it did, you could show them your transcript saying you got an A first time around anyway :biggrin:
Reply 7
Your offer condition is basically the same as mine was for maths, except As in all modules for maths AND further maths without retakes.

I got 81/100 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) in my FP1 in january and I retook it JUST to be safe. I emailed Imperial before hand to tell them I was doing this just as a back-up, to get points in case I missed my offer but still needed AAB to get in to Bristol. They said fine, but we're not accepting the resit still, which, is a shame cos I got 100 ( :smile: ), but in all...they shouldnt care as long as you tell them what's going on!

Latest

Trending

Trending