The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

2nd year registration help.

I had a letter come from Leicester today about 2nd year registration and I have a few questions for anyone who might know anything about it.

Before you registre, it says, you have to have either paid your first lot of fees or provided evidence that they will be paid by someone. I'm with the student loans company so will have to provide evidence.

It says you have to take the evidence to the Cashiers Office. Where is ths? I've looked on the info online and they give the address of it, so are people posting their forms or waiting until they get there and taking it in person?

Are most people waiting until they get back to do it all? It sounds as if it might be easier to do it that way.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Im sorting it out when i get there, most likely late, again.

Most unorganised person ever. Ill let my housemate do it all first and copy him :biggrin:
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
I thought the cashiers office was in the percy gee building but not sure
Reply 3
ToxicMuppet
Im sorting it out when i get there, most likely late, again.

Most unorganised person ever. Ill let my housemate do it all first and copy him :biggrin:

I like your style!! Usually I am very organised, I just stress about official things and paperwork!
Reply 4
QI Elf
I like your style!! Usually I am very organised, I just stress about official things and paperwork!

There is cashier office at the very of percy gee all on its todd. Than there is one up on the welfare corridor place, but with all the changes god knows where it will be now.

Last year i was well bad, i was ermming and arring about whether to go uni so my student finances didn't come through in time so for the first week i was running all over the place trying to find the right person to agree that the fees will be paid when SLC sort it all out.

Oh no getting them to agree wasn't the end of it, it took another 2 weeks to get my faculty to agree to give me a student logon and register with the department without officialy paying tution fees. Its not like i had a tutorial in week 3 with a test on it and all the stuff i needed was on blackboard. Bah great start to uni :P
I'm confused with this letter too. We never had to provide evidence in person last year, I would have thought the SLC would have sorted this out... It's all very inconvenient!
Reply 6
Lets face it SLC are *****, complete and utter ***** who sole purpose is to piss you off and make you feel suicidal so you top your self just so they don't have to loan you money.

The telephone system they have AHHHHHH!
Reply 7
As it says you can go register in the CW building sports hall on the mon, tues or wed so, I am assuming that we can just sort it all out there. Show them the student loans stuff and re-register etc.

There is a cashiers office in the first floor (?) of the Fielding Johnson building. I had to go there to pick up a bursary before so I assume this would be the place to go as well.
Yes, its in the Fielding Johnson building.

Btw, I'm an international student and my family is paying for me, do I need to provide evidence? Or just make sure I pay them before registration?
Reply 9
Nil.Recurring
Yes, its in the Fielding Johnson building.

Btw, I'm an international student and my family is paying for me, do I need to provide evidence? Or just make sure I pay them before registration?

This.
Reply 10
So has anyone actually registered yet or are they waiting until they get there? The only thing that puzzels me is proving the fees thing.
Reply 11
I registered :smile: Normally your student loan company should offer to provide proof of payment of fees to the university themselves.

If you can't register by the time you arrive in Leicester, best to take proof of payment to the Finance Office and you should be able to sort it afterwards.

(God, I'm so glad I managed to register before uni started :eek: Last year I registered 3 weeks AFTER my course started. Total nightmare)
I've managed to register, but I sent my financial notification to the Admissions Office. Not sure where returning students need to send their info.
Reply 13
trm90
I registered :smile: Normally your student loan company should offer to provide proof of payment of fees to the university themselves.

If you can't register by the time you arrive in Leicester, best to take proof of payment to the Finance Office and you should be able to sort it afterwards.

(God, I'm so glad I managed to register before uni started :eek: Last year I registered 3 weeks AFTER my course started. Total nightmare)

Ok, I should try and give that a go. It's just that they said to provide the evidence that SLC were paying so I just thought I had to show them or something. I was even considering going to Leicester one day before term starts to take it in!

EDIT: I've just registered, did any 2nd/3rd year students try to register for the computer thing and just told that they already had an account? So didn't actually register for it?

Also, they said they would send an email. They haven't yet. They said within 24hrs but has anyone receved their quickly after registration?

Can you tell Im panicking?
QI Elf
Ok, I should try and give that a go. It's just that they said to provide the evidence that SLC were paying so I just thought I had to show them or something. I was even considering going to Leicester one day before term starts to take it in!

EDIT: I've just registered, did any 2nd/3rd year students try to register for the computer thing and just told that they already had an account? So didn't actually register for it?

Also, they said they would send an email. They haven't yet. They said within 24hrs but has anyone receved their quickly after registration?

Can you tell Im panicking?

I got the email pretty quick. I put my mobile number in too for a text confirmation and got it literally the same second I submitted it haha!
When I registered my computer account I think it just said I already have an account km148 blah blah and then clicked the register button.
Reply 15
sweetfloss
I got the email pretty quick. I put my mobile number in too for a text confirmation and got it literally the same second I submitted it haha!
When I registered my computer account I think it just said I already have an account km148 blah blah and then clicked the register button.

Yeah it said that for me, but then no actual register button, just 'return to registration' so I clicked that.

I've had the email now but it didn't mention about regsitrating my email adress. Ahhh..it's probably fine but I just stress in case I've not done something right!
Reply 16
I managed to do it all, ie re-register for 2nd year and my cfs account, without sending anything to the university to confirm payment to them from the SLC. Will probably go see them next week so they can copy the form.
L3ann3
I managed to do it all, ie re-register for 2nd year and my cfs account, without sending anything to the university to confirm payment to them from the SLC. Will probably go see them next week so they can copy the form.

Didn't they ask you to confirm your student finance reference (not your ART ID) before you registered? Because they can pick up whether your loans been approved just from that :smile:
Reply 18
sweetfloss
Didn't they ask you to confirm your student finance reference (not your ART ID) before you registered? Because they can pick up whether your loans been approved just from that :smile:

Yeah, but I still have to copy the payment sheet to give to them, don't I?
Reply 19
Im not even gonna try registering.. last year i had to show them the letter from the SLC, because they were late with processing my application... this year il be lucky if i hear anything about my application before the london olympics lol

Latest

Trending

Trending