The Student Room Group

AQA remark concerning my FIRM choice

Basically, I sent off 3 modules to be remarked (all 3 were a priority remark with AQA) on results day (20th). My firm choice (Cardiff) say if I go up 5 UMS marks and can fax them the proof of this before/on the 1st of September then I'll have a place with them.

So yeah, I went and paid almost £150 as I was told I should receive my remarks before the 1st of September. I went into school yesterday as I have been ringing like a maniac over the last few days wondering why the hell I know nothing.

First of all the lady in the office who has been VERY helpful told me she spoke with a lady in AQA that said my first two modules should be marked and available to view that afternoon (this was yesterday). So I thought okay good.

I then was spoken to by a senior member of staff that told me he was on the phone with AQA and a gentleman told him that my third module was only sent off TWO days ago to the examiner and that it'll take up to 18 days to receive it. This unfortunately was the module out of 120 that I thought I messed up and was hoping to go up the most in. So, naturally I was very pissed off as these three modules were sent off on the 20th together and the other two were almost completed, yet AQA had only bothered their asses to send this one off 6 days later.

The school then phoned me last night as they rang AQA again and they then said that I wouldn't receive all THREE modules until the 8th of September.

So, do I have a case to ring Cardiff and ask if there is ANY way that they could perhaps be lenient with me? I'm just angry that AQA keep messing me around and telling me one thing and probably meaning another. Am I right in saying that a university has a date that they legally must know the amount of applicants per course? I've a funny suspicion that the 1st of September is a deadline that they won't be able to change. If I receive my remarks and do go up the 5 UMS marks and it's too late, I will be ridiculously angry..
Reply 1
No one?..
Reply 2
You should at least phone them and explain your situation. You won't know if you don't try.
Reply 3
I'm not sure what TSR can do for you. You appear to have very limited options, so take the ones you have (never pick 'do nothing', that's not an option). Just be frank with Cardiff, let them know of your current situation and whatever information you have, and see what they say.
If you explain the situation fully with Cardiff they may take this into consideration. Doing something is better than nothing and make sure you are keeping up to date on the situation.

There are still limited places available for London South Bank University.
Reply 5
Thanks. I might give Cardiff a ring tomorrow then and my vice principal lives near me so I could go and have a chat with him if worst comes to worst as he should be happy enough to help! It's not the be all and end all as I've an offer from my insurance and my accommodation sorted there (they've gave me until the 4th of September to reply to them), so all is well if I could sort out the remark issue.

Latest

Trending

Trending