The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 1
You want to do engineering, yet only got an A in maths at GCSE?

hmmmm
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
If you want to survive on a high level engineering course mathematics should be practically a second language.

It's Fine Arts BA for you, buddy.
Reply 3
lrkn
If you want to survive on a high level engineering course mathematics should be practically a second language.

It's Fine Arts BA for you, buddy.

haha
i actually lol'd
I failed Fine Arts at GCSE :proud:
Reply 5
jennikay
I failed Fine Arts at GCSE :proud:

I failed normal Art GCSE :proud:

OP, just have shining personal statement, good reference and AAA/AAAA predicted grades (and therefore, actual grades).
jayshah31
I failed normal Art GCSE :proud:

Well, it was 'Art (Fine Art)' :p:

I still had to draw/paint stuff, it's all exactly the same :rolleyes:
Reply 7
jennikay
Well, it was 'Art (Fine Art)' :p:

I still had to draw/paint stuff, it's all exactly the same :rolleyes:

:yep:

What grade did you get? :ninja:

Spoiler

Reply 8
_Collo
2A*s, 6As & 5Bs..
I'm just hoping this won't limit my options ;/

What do places like imperial & oxbridge (engineering) think about these kinds of results, keep in mind I have the A* for product design & physics, with an A in maths, statistics, chemistry, biology, eng lang.

i am very similar to you! i want to do enigeering at a top uni too and my gcse grades were pretty much same as yours 2A* 6A 2B but my A* were in maths and physics.

i just got my AS results and got AAAB in maths, fmaths, physics and economics and will be applying to imperial and hopefull oxbridge
jayshah31
:yep:

What grade did you get? :ninja:

Spoiler

I got a D.

Spoiler

It may have had something to do with the fact that I didn't finish my painting in the final exam...
jennikay
I got a D.

Spoiler

It may have had something to do with the fact that I didn't finish my painting in the final exam...

Not bad!

I got mixed responses for mine:
Wow, that's good
for your standards

It took you 2 days to draw that?!

:indiff:
Reply 11
u4m1r
i am very similar to you! i want to do enigeering at a top uni too and my gcse grades were pretty much same as yours 2A* 6A 2B but my A* were in maths and physics.

i just got my AS results and got AAAB in maths, fmaths, physics and economics and will be applying to imperial and hopefull oxbridge

Ah I see, getting an A* in Maths and Physics are the best two for engineering, I didn't get one in Maths, but if you're hoping to get into imperial and oxbridge then I'm guessing I shouldn't be too far off either

Now 'all' I have to do is get some good grades in my A-level subjects :smile:
(check my sig if you want to see what I'm taking)
Reply 12
jayshah31
I failed normal Art GCSE

OP, just have shining personal statement, good reference and AAA/AAAA predicted grades (and therefore, actual grades).
I dropped art in year 8. :awesome:
azhao
I dropped art in year 8. :awesome:

So did I, but was then forced to take it at GCSE :sigh:
Reply 14
Why would you even take Art anyway at GCSE? Bit of a waste of a subject...
Reply 15
Fixesin
Well I kinda regret not taking it, if I had taken it it wouldn't have closed my door on Architecture before I'd even thought about it. But my mind is made up on Civil Engineering now though :awesome:
Fixesin

Precisely why I took it :awesome: I used to be even lazier than I am currently...
Reply 17
Fixesin

because its an easy pass but hard to get an A*
Reply 18
Yes come to Imperial, at least try :h:

Latest

Trending

Trending