The Student Room Group
In what way?
the one which you will find more interesting
Reply 3
halfblood007
Which is a better degree in your opinion?

Economics is better; although I'm a little biased:rolleyes:

Better job prospects, higher applicant numbers, harder course, more respected by employers.

And I quote;

"Never has there been a subject so intent on devouring the purpose of all others, as Economics is simply a common theme in society"
First lecturer of economics at Cambridge
Erechtheus
Better job prospects

Not necessarily true.

Erechtheus
higher applicant numbers

Not true.

Erechtheus
harder course

Not necessarily true. Come back when you've done a BSc in Psych AND Economics.

Erechtheus
more respected by employers.

Not necessarily true.
Reply 5
GodspeedGehenna
In what way?

Well I'm moving on to A2 in Maths Psyc and Eco, got a B in Eco and Psyc, I'm equally interested in both but I can't make up my mind on which one to study at uni.
Reply 6
with an economics degree, you could go into many different types of career, and it's a very well respected degree by employers. it's a bit insulting the way you can even compare it psychology, which is regarded as a pointless degree by educated employers. it's only really useful if you want to teach or be a psychologist
Reply 7
GodspeedGehenna
Not necessarily true.

Not true.

Not necessarily true.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Not necessarily true?

There are obviously exceptions but statisically I feel I'm fairly safe in these judgements.

EDIT: Compare subject rankings at almost EVERY university

No offence to anyone taking psychology, it's a great degree for certain jobs. But in general Economics is better
Reply 8
chipchop92
with an economics degree, you could go into many different types of career, and it's a very well respected degree by employers. it's a bit insulting the way you can even compare it psychology, which is regarded as a pointless degree by educated employers. it's only really useful if you want to teach or be a psychologist

:yep:
GodspeedGehenna
Not necessarily true.

Not true.

Not necessarily true.

This would seem to suggest otherwise. However Phych is becoming more and more respected as a degree, TC do which ever you enjoy.
I'd say as subjects, economics and psychology are heavily different. For economics you need maths, for psychology you need good essay-writing skills. Also psychology involves some lab research or otherwise experiments. The fields economy and psychology can lead into are overall different. I think you asked this before and I suggested you thought about a future job prospect and see if you are actually interested in doing any of the jobs available.
Reply 11
Both are good.. I'd say economics but I'm biased :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending