The Student Room Group
Biology might be useful.
Reply 2
English literature.
Reply 3
Well, I would do a quick search on the University website, to see if they have any preferences or requirements. For instance, UCL state:

A levels: AAA to include at least one science-based subject (Psychology is acceptable) or Mathematics.

A pass in a further subject at AS level or equivalent is also required.

GCSE Mathematics and English Language must be offered at a minimum of grade B. GCSE Biology or GCSE Science (Double Award) is also expected at a minimum of grade B.

I would go for Biology, English Lit, maybe Sociology or Politics? Chemistry is always a good bet too.
Reply 4
Biology would be very useful, I think it's required in a lot of unis.
History or English to get into the hang of writing really good essays?
Another science perhaps?
But actually, a psychology A Level is not essential for a degree in psychology, or so I've heard...
So I would pick Biology, and whatever else you want, as long as they are 'respected' subjects.
Reply 5
biology is sometimes helpful but only if you think you'll enjoy it.

psychology courses at university vary significantly. some are very science based, whereas others are more theory than fact.

it depends what kind of degree you'll be looking to study

i found sme psychology/philosophy crossover so this may be worth thinking about, sociology (maybe as a 4th a level) history perhaps. A reasonable spread of essay subjects and one science is usually a good shout
Reply 6
Sulman674
Well, I would do a quick search on the University website, to see if they have any preferences or requirements. For instance, UCL state:

A levels: AAA to include at least one science-based subject (Psychology is acceptable) or Mathematics.

A pass in a further subject at AS level or equivalent is also required.

GCSE Mathematics and English Language must be offered at a minimum of grade B. GCSE Biology or GCSE Science (Double Award) is also expected at a minimum of grade B.

I would go for Biology, English Lit, maybe Sociology or Politics? Chemistry is always a good bet too.

Wow thank you so much i really need to do my research i had no idea about half of the things i would need to study. I picked English language so would i have to change that to Literature. Also if i get really good results will they still look at my maths grade because i got a C? I'm very worried now.
Reply 7
The_Goose
biology is sometimes helpful but only if you think you'll enjoy it.

psychology courses at university vary significantly. some are very science based, whereas others are more theory than fact.

it depends what kind of degree you'll be looking to study

i found sme psychology/philosophy crossover so this may be worth thinking about, sociology (maybe as a 4th a level) history perhaps. A reasonable spread of essay subjects and one science is usually a good shout

Thank you, so do you think i will need maths aswell?
Reply 8
miss_snm

if you're looking to take a very science-y based degree then maths may benefit you - but only if it's something you'll enjoy studying and do well in.

However I can't see many places asking for maths A-level (but if theres somewhere specific you want to go then check) so just take what you'll enjoy really.
Reply 9
Biology, Sociology, Maths, Religious Studies
Reply 10
The_Goose
if you're looking to take a very science-y based degree then maths may benefit you - but only if it's something you'll enjoy studying and do well in.

However I can't see many places asking for maths A-level (but if theres somewhere specific you want to go then check) so just take what you'll enjoy really.

Yeah because i'm not very confident in maths and i feel i should pick something i know i will do well in, i'm not interested in the science-y based degree, all i know right now is that i would like to maybe do counselling im not sure i've heard that there various aspects to psychology i'm just not sure which one would be right for me.
Reply 11
Sorry to hijack your thread but I picked Psychology, Human Biology, Sociology and English Lang only because I know I am capable of passing with high enough grades. How does this look in leading to a Psych degree?
Reply 12
Maths
Reply 13
miss_snm

Maths is always a good subject to do, but I wouldn't advise you do it if you do not enjoy it. Perhaps you should send the admissions tutors an e-mail and explain your situation, I'm sure they can offer some advice.

Latest