The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 1
My girlfriend had the same experience, but actually ended up loving Bod Hall. Seriously, it's got its own little community; it's awesome.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
i like the community there, its just its so far away and i really dont want catered :s-smilie: i dont know how i ended up with it...
Reply 3
lookadaisy
I asked for (close to campus, self-catered and en-suite)

i got exactly what u wanted.. leodis.. ****ing ridiculous price though..:frown:

£4250 for 42 weeks self catered
Reply 4
ah your lucky, thats the one i applied for! You can always swap with me :wink:
Is that the one you applied for?
Reply 5
I'm in the same position wanted close to campus and en-suite but i've been put in Bodington :-( I hate sharing bathrooms! lol.
Reply 6
Ive been given OPAL 3
I am gutted.
Reply 7
They told me their was a glitch in the system.. so hopefully if its gets sorted out, we might get better accommodation :smile:
lookadaisy
They told me their was a glitch in the system.. so hopefully if its gets sorted out, we might get better accommodation :smile:

I'm sorry you were told that because it's not correct. The reason why some people have got places that are further away from campus and non en suite is simply because so many people asked for close to campus and en suite. Unfortunately, when that happens, some people are going to get places that they didn't want.
Bodington is one of those places that a lot of people dont want to go to but almost everyone loves it when they get there. But if you really think you can't stand it, then I guess another alternative might be to look at one of the private halls. Both IQ and The Plaza still have some vacancies.
Sorry that's not what you want to hear but I don't want you to hang on thinking something is going to happen and you're going to get different accommodation at this stage.
Reply 9
MOIIOM
Ive been given OPAL 3
I am gutted.

I've been put in Opal 3 and at first i was a disappointed as it wasn't my first choice but i've since visited it and got to know some of my flat mates through facebook and now i'm really looking forward to it :smile: In fact i think it'll be better than if i'd been put in my first choice!
Reply 10
I got exactly the same!! I asked for self-catered close to the campus with ensuite and got boddington hall, catered and no ensuite =[
Also because i work during all the designated meal times i'm going to end up paying for catering that i can't eat because i'm not there!!
Reply 11
Mdz45
I've been put in Opal 3 and at first i was a disappointed as it wasn't my first choice but i've since visited it and got to know some of my flat mates through facebook and now i'm really looking forward to it :smile: In fact i think it'll be better than if i'd been put in my first choice!

Im settled with it now :biggrin:
What floor and flat have you been put in ?
FREE GYM!
Reply 12
Hi!

Latest