The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
AFAIK the halls don't tend to allocate you 'parents' (although most have residential tutors alloted to certain corridors/blocks...) but many departments do have a parenting scheme to help freshers get settled in :smile: In the halls there generally aren't enough 2nd/3rd years living in for a parenting scheme to work I guess.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Laurz
This might sound like a silly question but...do you get a student parent/s at any of the Bristol halls?

All student halls of residence have tutors within them. Their job is partly pastoral - they're students just like anyone else, but usually 3/4/5th years with a ton of experience, and they're there as a first point of contact for any advice/problems. They're also there to uphold health & safety regulations, etc., and to ensure that no one's doing anything they shouldn't be doing :wink:
Reply 3
i think a lot of subjects set up a parenting system - english did for us (although its mainly girls so i had two mummies!) and my medic friends had parents too.
Reply 4
Tubes, the Engineering society had one, but not a lot came of it for me. (Probably because I didn't go to the meeting :biggrin:)

Latest

Trending

Trending