The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I don't think so.
Reply 2
I didn't think you could but I guess you can try
Reply 3
you can.....I did. but, you've left it quite late. Just try ringing up the uni's and asking if they've got any places. You don't have to ring up just the uni's on the clearing list. I rang up Leeds to do biomedical science even though they weren't on the list and somebody had just deferred their entry before I rang.
Reply 4
I forgot to tell you, you still have to register with ucas though, but it's not too late to do that either.
Reply 5
You don't need to do, but it's recommended. I litrally phoned up on results day, discussed my results and was given a place on the spot. I did have to finalise it all through UCAS but that was just for their records I think. I didn't have to do a personal statement or have a written reference either.
You can do it using something called a "record of prior acceptance" which is a form the universities ask you to fill out. However, they may ask you to go through UCAS and not all unis allow applications through that route.
Reply 7
Depends on the uni and the competition but yeah you can. I literally rang my uni mid-late august 2007, said I'd only just decided I wanted to go to uni but it was too late for UCAS and can I please come for a meeting. They said yes, I went, and after I showed proof of what grades I got at a/as level they sent me a letter of acceptance. SO much less hassle than going through UCAS.
Reply 8
F1 fanatic
You can do it using something called a "record of prior acceptance" which is a form the universities ask you to fill out. However, they may ask you to go through UCAS and not all unis allow applications through that route.

hey f1 fan, long time no see!

i've just got into Hope through this method.

Simply rung them up, discussed qualifications, they sent me an RPA form and told me to sit tight until tuesday when they will have everything completed!
Reply 9
I think that's fine, I have already studied at 2 different unis and have never touched UCAS

Just phone 'em up, is no problem

Latest

Trending

Trending