The Student Room Group
Reply 1
well i was surprised with my computin that sorta counts as IT right
i was expecting a U lool =)
Reply 2
Jay786
was shocked with my I.T result? I mean I got a D and also my coursework were both A & B.. I thought I had done good. The board was AQA and the marks are not on the results slip.. If I had got a C on this, I could of got a place at 6th form.. I might retake(?) Any suggestions please??

Was anyone else surprised by what I.T result they got?

YES!!!

My friend only got a B when he was meant to get an A in ICT and he is very nerdy and knows his stuff.

Also, I only got an A instead of an A* and I got 100% on my coursework and I thought the test was easy.

AQA also screwed over last years ICT students as my sister got a D and was meant to get a B.

I am going to ask my teacher in complain and you should try and do the same and get it remarked.

I hate exam boards screwing people over when they invest so much time in their GCSE. I spent well over 100 hours on my coursework to make it perfect.

Same for Expressive Arts - they screw my whole year over and gave everyone two grades lower.
Reply 3
(edited 13 years ago)
Ja-m-ie
YES!!!

My friend only got a B when he was meant to get an A in ICT and he is very nerdy and knows his stuff.

Also, I only got an A instead of an A* and I got 100% on my coursework and I thought the test was easy.

AQA also screwed over last years ICT students as my sister got a D and was meant to get a B.

I am going to ask my teacher in complain and you should try and do the same and get it remarked.

I hate exam boards screwing people over when they invest so much time in their GCSE. I spent well over 100 hours on my coursework to make it perfect.

Same for Expressive Arts - they screw my whole year over and gave everyone two grades lower.

Agreed.

I had a shocking teacher that marked over 200 pages of coursework as just over a B. WTF?!?!

AQA are shocking, the questions aren't even that IT-related. They differentiate between pupils by a combination of luck, and obsurdly-worded and out-of-the-box questions which test creativity rather than knowledge and understanding.
Reply 5
How exactly can an exam board screw you over? Perhaps there was a marking incident or clerical error, but it's rather unlikely. They are meant to be tests of course, they should be challenging. Your friend was 'meant to get an A'? You mean he was predicting and expecting an A? You say this as if because he thought he'd get it he's been short-changed because he never. Maybe he was complacent, should have worked harder or maybe just not that good. If there was a genuine mistake at your expense, then I hope you get it sorted bur screwing over your whole year? This sounds like sour grapes my friend.
Reply 6
AQA ICT is bloody awful. Whilst not the biggest geek ever I know my way around computers, programming, databases, etc and the fact of the matter is that the textbooks (and so exams) are outdated. Also the papers have been ruined by them needing plenty of multiple choice so that they can pay any joe bloggs to mark a fair amount of the paper rather than having to get someone who knows about IT to mark it all, and finally the course is so over-simplified that more technical answers that are perfectly correct get marked wrong.
Reply 7
lol, I thought I got a D.

Then found it stands for Distinction, lol.

Sorry OP :-(
Reply 8
Really a distinction mark??? How did you find out???
Reply 9
My teacher told me, I was doing DIDA and the board was Edexcel :/
Reply 10
I see, did it say distinction your result slip? Or did it just say D and you wanted to find out if it was wrong..?
Reply 11
Yeah It just said D.

I asked my teacher and he told me I got a distinction worth an A*.

If yours is a Distinction, check what others got, if they only got D,M,C or anything like that on the slip then that means you got a Distinction, if its normal Like A*,A,B,C,D etc then its not a Distinction sorry but normal grades.
Reply 12
I was pretty peeved when I saw mine too :colondollar:
Reply 13
AQA ICT GCSE is just regular grades, it wont be a distinction.

Latest