The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 1
I might be completely wrong as i'm not there yet, but i don't think you can. I think you need freestanding arials, so you don't have an arial to plug your freeview box into. I wanted to take one too, but don't think i'll be able to. Current students have generally expressed the opinion that noone really uses their TVs and it's a waste of the license fee, so they would probably say that dab or freeview isn't worth having either. In all the hall JCRs i think that there are TVs with cable/satellite. xx
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
if youve got a laptop you could share tveps on the network..
i think..
Reply 3
I wouldn't rely on the uni network to bring you t.v. The uni servers throttle almost any connection that isn't strictly web browsing, exactly to stop people sharing files, which takes up a lot of bandwidth.
Reply 4
lol... well.. external hard disks would do the trick.. hehe!
Reply 5
TV card is an option, if you bring laptop/pc... and you can stick it in your pocket when the TV license people come by :wink:
This is UP:

FREEVIEW covers your area for the postcode NG7 2RD **.

As for licensing, if your television runs off batteries (an unplugged laptop) then it can count off your parents' TV license (or so I've heard)...

AND I'd have thought that the rooms would have aerial sockets in the walls that use one in the roof or something
Reply 7
you would think that wouldn't you? Bu apparently they don't.

This is only apparently though, and it may even differ between halls. I read it on the weekone forum. xx
Reply 8
whats good on british tv nowadays.. im so far away i dont knw nething.. is there and Ali G?
Reply 9
Ali G isn't really on anymore. There is some good telly though, what kind of thigs do you like? xx

Latest

Trending

Trending