The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Geog strict requirements?

Does anyone know if the geography department in UCL are very strict on entrance requirements? They say standard offers are from AAA-ABB but it seems like quite a popular course there, and I haven't found out the average place per applicant! I had AAAC for AS and 8 A*s and an A for GCSE, but the C at AS is worrying me slightly :frown: Any help would be great thankyouu! :smile:
Hi, I'm gonna do the MSc Globalisation at the department. I'm sorry but my answer will be kinda vague, because I'm Brazilian and our system is completely different than the european, we don't have the "honours degree" division and I have no idea of what all these AAAAAs and BBBs and CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCs mean hehe. All I can say is that My grades were good but weren't exceptional, I imagined I had around 70% in my final grade. It's not only about the grades, but also about your curriculum, and your interview - if you have one. I talked to one of the professors of the department and I'm 100% sure this made a huge difference on my entrance.
Also, this is for postgrad, I hope someone can tell you his/her own experience being and undergrad.

Good luck =)
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Their offer for 2009 was AAB I believe, I doubt it'll be any less this year. But why does the C worry you? Don't be, the 3 A's are good, and if you're dropping the C for A2, I would say it's more than fine.
Reply 3
My UCL offer for this year was AAB. If you've gotten AAAC for AS that should be okay, just drop whatever you got the C in. I got AABB for AS and they seemed happy
Reply 4
Thanks for all your help!!! I'll just have to try and blast them with my geographical enthusiasm at interview, haha :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending