The Student Room Group

Calling ALL IB'ers...Your subject combinations!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
English Literature A SL :redface:
Spanish B SL :biggrin:
Econ SL :redface:
Maths HL :frown:
Chemistry HL :biggrin:
Physics HL :biggrin:

EE: Spanish B

I love IB, but English and Econ are quite boring (partly my teachers' fault) and Maths is killing me.
Reply 361
English HL
Social and Cultural Anthropology HL
Theatre HL

Biology SL
Maths SL
Italian ab initio

English EE + TOK in Ethics
I'm currently in my first year and do:
Mathematics HL
English HL
Economics HL
History HL
French B SL :mad:
Biology SL :mad:

Although I would have to understand your situation as my school stuffed up my subjects too and instead of Chemistry, I got Biology. Also I’m struggling with French (I only know Bonjour and that’s all but apparently I have to be fluent? And it is killing me). I could have gotten first language self-taught Romanian but my coordinator said no without proper reason just cause she has to do dome more paper work :mad: . But I’m really upset though because I was aiming for 45 but now with French ruining my days, I might just as well fail… I’m thinking of dropping IB, but apparently I might regret it. :mad:
English Lang/Lit HL
Maths HL
Physics HL
Chemistry HL
Geography SL
Spanish B SL

I think geography and maths are the hardest for me to get a 7 in (not because I'm bad at them, but because I'm still getting used to the essay format for geography and I have do work hard in maths to get 7s now), but I'm loving it : )
Hi everyone! :biggrin:
Finished in May 2014

German A1 SL 6 :wink:
English B HL 7 :biggrin:
History SL 6 :tongue:
Biology HL 5 :frown:
Physics SL 6 :smile:
Mathematics HL 5 :frown:

EE: History A :biggrin::biggrin:
English SL
Maths Studies SL
French SL
Geography HL
Biology HL
Computer Science HL

Pretty confident on them all apart from computer science.. Absolutely hate that subject and have no confidence :frown:
Maths HL :smile:-:biggrin:
Physics HL :smile:-:biggrin:
Chemistry SL :biggrin:
German LL HL :s-smilie:
English LL SL :smile:
Economics SL :colondollar:
Reply 367
In my second year at the moment, 4 months left.
HL Maths
HL Chemistry
HL Physics
SL English L&L
SL French B
SL History
Reply 368
In my second year of IB, four months to go before the exams!

English Literature HL
European & Middle Eastern History HL
Visual Arts HL
Spanish B SL
Maths Studies SL
Physics SL

EE on the Visual Arts! Glad to see there's an interesting range of subjects here! :smile:
Starting soon (oh bother)!

HL History
HL Philosophy
HL English Lang/Lit
SL Spanish
SL Maths Studies
SL Biology
Just about to finish it! I'm ready for you May :aetsch:

HL History
HL Spanish lit
HL Business and Management
SL English B
SL Maths
SL Environmental Systems

EE Business and Management
Economics HL
Biology HL
Psychology HL
Maths SL
English Lit SL
Spanish ab initio SL

EE - Economics :smile:
History HL :smile:
:heart:

Eng Lit HL :smile:

Geography HL :smile:
Math Studies :smile:
Biology:redface:
Chinese Lang Lit
:bawling:
:mad:
:rip:
Original post by LeFeuilly
Starting soon (oh bother)!

HL History
HL Philosophy
HL English Lang/Lit
SL Spanish
SL Maths Studies
SL Biology

How are Maths Studies and History :smile:
Original post by LeviosaNight
History HL :smile:

Eng Lit HL :smile:

Geography HL :smile:
Math Studies :smile:
Biology:redface:
Chinese Lang Lit
:bawling:
:mad:
:rip:

Oooh I would do HL History and HL English too, and Maths Studies. How are they? :biggrin:
Original post by Nomes24
How are Maths Studies and History :smile:

Haven't started yet (have yet to finish my iGCSEs), but I did take a taster lesson in HL history at my school; it was incredibly interesting and fun, to say the least :smile: The lesson itself was on the collectivisation of agriculture in Soviet Russia and how the Kulaks reacted to this.

Sorry!
Original post by LeFeuilly
Haven't started yet (have yet to finish my iGCSEs), but I did take a taster lesson in HL history at my school; it was incredibly interesting and fun, to say the least :smile: The lesson itself was on the collectivisation of agriculture in Soviet Russia and how the Kulaks reacted to this.

Sorry!

Don't worry! I'm also doing my GCSEs this year but am worrying about my IB choices. I'm moving school to do IB (I have the option of A Level at my new sixth form as well so it's very confusing...) so nobody around me knows anything about it and it's hard to get advice :/
Original post by Nomes24
Oooh I would do HL History and HL English too, and Maths Studies. How are they? :biggrin:

HL History:
really interesting and allows a lot more discussion than IGCSE. a lot more stimulating and fun. The focus is on arguements and the strength of essays, the way of thinking, instead of historical details.

HL English:
i'm a bit intimidated by load of speeches i have to do and which counts for a large part of the final grade but at the same time i like the texts we're studying e.g. Jane Eyre
it's not really that different from SL, you just have more lessons and more texts.

Maths Studies:
i'm doing quite well in this and it's really easy, you basically repeat a lot of stuff from previous years. Plus you can ALWAYS use your calculator and it can even calculate quadratic and simultaneous equations for you so you don't have to do them!
Original post by Nomes24
Don't worry! I'm also doing my GCSEs this year but am worrying about my IB choices. I'm moving school to do IB (I have the option of A Level at my new sixth form as well so it's very confusing...) so nobody around me knows anything about it and it's hard to get advice :/

Ahh ... Also, another piece of advice, this time in regards to maths (as I go to an IB school right now) - my teacher had told me that the maths department had given anyone who have gotten an A or above the chance to do SL and HL maths (which is really similar to Further Pure at GCSE); everyone else (me included) was only given Maths Studies as an option so ... Yeah.

I hope this helps!
(edited 9 years ago)
Started IB last September

English Literature SL :smile:
Spanish ab initio :s-smilie:
Economics HL :biggrin:
Biology HL :biggrin:
Maths HL :smile:
Chemistry HL :biggrin:

I really hate my Spanish teacher because she can't teach. I have less problems than others because my mother tongue is Italian and they're similar but many people in my class are struggling to learn anything. At least I think it will be an easy 6-7.

The only real problem I have is with English A, because I don't like analysing literature

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending