The Student Room Group

Calling ALL IB'ers...Your subject combinations!

Scroll to see replies

HL A1 English Literature
HL Biology
HL Business and Management
SL Ab Initio Spanish
SL Mathematical Studies
SL Economics

EE Business and Management

I hate IB. Complete waste of time and energy. If you are planning on applying to UK - you are better off doing A levels :smile:
Reply 101
English A1 SL :wink:
Japanese ab initio SL :biggrin:
History SL :smile:
Physics HL :cool:
Maths HL :cool:
Chemistry HL :biggrin:

I wish my school offered more IB subjects though, e.g. Geography, Economics! Next year they're offering Computer Science and Philosophy in addition to this year's subjects. Mind you, they've only been running the IB for just over a year (I'm in my first year of the course, and we're the second year doing the IB).
chrism12
English A1 SL :wink:
Japanese ab initio SL :biggrin:
Physics HL :cool:
Maths HL :cool:

I wish my school offered more IB subjects though, e.g. Geography, Economics! Next year they're offering Computer Science and Philosophy in addition to this year's subjects. Mind you, they've only been running the IB for just over a year (I'm in my first year of the course, and we're the second year doing the IB).

At least you have variety! haha :wink:

We have:
G1. English A1, Icelandic A1, self-taught
G2. French, German, Spanish, Danish B, English B (another A1)
G3. History & Psychology
G4. Biology, Chemistry & Physics
G5. Studies, Methods
G6. Visual Arts SL

:p:
Reply 103
Business HL
Economics HL
B Chinese HL

A1 English SL
Environmental Systems and Societies SL
Mathematics SL
Reply 104
Here are mine

Maths HL :closedeyes:
Chemistry HL :dry:
Biology HL :grin:

Italian ab Initio (because im over qualified for Spanish B) :grin:
English A1 SL :dry:
Politics SL :bigsmile:

Started this year really glad im doing IB :yep:
Reply 105
English A1 HL :biggrin: :woo: :yes:
Psychology HL :woo: :p:
History HL :biggrin: :macarena:
Biology SL :stomp: :rant:
French B SL :sigh: :nooo:
Math Studies SL :sigh: :nooo:

EE - English A1 :biggrin: :woo: :yes: :macarena:
TOK
Reply 106
BIO HL :biggrin:
Chem HL :biggrin:
English B HL :smile:
GER B HL :biggrin: (well...I am bilingual and have been born in germany...I do nothing for this subject :smile: I only write the tests and get 7 so that's the easiest subject for me)
polish A1 SL :frown:
MATH SL :smile:
Here are mine

English HL
Psychology HL
Biology HL

Italian ab Initio (because im over qualified for Spanish B)
Chemistry SL
Maths SL

EE = Psychology (To what extent do Video Games cause aggression?)
Finishing May 2010

English A1 HL
History (Europe) HL
Econ HL
Mathematics HL

Bio SL
Dutch A1 SL:

ToK : presentation 20/20 - essay : 30/40 predicted
EE : deadline this friday :s
JMKD
BIO HL :biggrin:
GER B HL :biggrin: (well...I am bilingual and have been born in germany...I do nothing for this subject :smile: I only write the tests and get 7 so that's the easiest subject for me)

you do know that that is technically in violation with the IB Vademecum and that both you and your IB coordinator can get into serious **** for that (if the IBO finds out). Not trying to fingerpoint or smth, just informing you.

seb
sebspaceman
you do know that that is technically in violation with the IB Vademecum and that both you and your IB coordinator can get into serious **** for that (if the IBO finds out). Not trying to fingerpoint or smth, just informing you.

seb

Doesn't it depend on how good you are? If I could take Icelandic B HL, I would. I mean I'm bilingual, but I'm nowhere near proficient to take it as an advanced literature course! (especially since they obsess over archaic diction!) I'd probably get a 7 if the course existed, but I'm not good enough to take it A1.. :/
Reply 111
taking the exams this year which, thankfully is ending soon :biggrin:

Math HL (the exam itself was a KILLER) :frown::frown:
Bio HL :smile:
Chem HL :smile:

Chinese B SL:biggrin: --- 7
English A1 SL :frown:
Econs SL :smile:

and the usual, TOK, EE, CAS etc..

overall IB was really rigorous for me but i managed to learn alot from there:smile:
ragnar_jonsson
Doesn't it depend on how good you are? If I could take Icelandic B HL, I would. I mean I'm bilingual, but I'm nowhere near proficient to take it as an advanced literature course! (especially since they obsess over archaic diction!) I'd probably get a 7 if the course existed, but I'm not good enough to take it A1.. :/

dunno, my IB coordinator kicked me out of the French B HL class simply because "IB might find it suspicious that a Belgian takes French B HL"

it's not even my mothertongue :s
Reply 113
English A1 HL :yep:
Geography HL :wink:
French B HL :biggrin:

Spanish B SL :s-smilie:
Biology SL :cool:
Math studies SL :s-smilie:

TOK :rolleyes:
Biology HL:eek:
Economics HL:wink: :yep:
English HL:s-smilie:
Chemistry SL:wink: :cool:
Mandarin B SL:biggrin:
Mathematics SL:smile:

EE-English
TOK

finished with IB. bio's loads of memory work and english was just so hard to score. well at least for me, cause my standard simply couldn't match up to those of the many brilliant writers doing HL.
Math studies 2 SL
Spanish 4 SL
English A1 2 HL
History 2 HL
French A2 HL
TOK
Biology 2 SL

EE History
Maths HL :biggrin:
Physics HL :biggrin:

English A1 SL :o:
French B SL :o:

EE, probably maths or physics.

ToK :mad: :mad: :mad:
Reply 117
7 Chemistry HL :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: (you just have to love it)
7 Biology HL :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: (memory memory memory)
7 Psychology HL :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: (a decent mind)

4 English A1 SL :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: ( practice practice practice)
7 Russian B SL (i have actually been speaking Russian since i was born, but since i got a 3 for Russian A in MYP, i took B SL for an easy 7, IB can bring it on, im not afraid to fight :biggrin:)
7 Math SL :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: (work work work)

Please, look closely at the marks.
HL History :smile:
HL English :smile:
HL French :smile:

SL Math Studies :rolleyes:
SL Art :p:
SL Physics :dontknow: (physics is definitely going to need some hard work.)
i'm so pleased with my courses! woot! :smartass:
Reply 119
HL Physics
HL Chemistry
HL Philosophy

SL English A1
SL German B
SL Maths

EE in Philosophy, finished about 3 weeks ago.

If I took Chinese B and Maths Studies I'd have an extra 2 points for my predicted grades. But it's too late to regret anything, I guess...

Teachers have been scaring us about mocks and how there are only 18 weeks (or 17?) till exams. :eek:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending