The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Aplin
BAH! I just wrote a massive reply and then I got an overload error :frown:

Jame I wrote same as you for the first competitors one.

People doing module 1 got an hour and 14 minutes because the woman thought it was an hour and a half >.> I was only going module 2 & 3 and they unfortunetly took my paper after about an hour and three minutes... I guess any time is an advantage though :smile:

For the recruitment one me and most of my frineds interpreted it as what qualities woiuld she look for and not how (I think that is right...) I wrote obviously good managerial and leadership qualities and experience would be a factor.

Simultanious engineering is what the project engineer was doing, like more than one project at a time etc. When you put the two words together you will kick your self because you know what engineering is and probably what simultainous (in sync or at the same time).

i guessed what the simultanious thing was and wrote that time and money will be saved doing things at the same time and it will use machines to full capacity with more usage making the company more efficient with resources. i did all my questions in different orders - did the essays 1st then the rest, and had to do this question last in bullet points with 1 minute to do it in!!! will i get a point?! i'm only expecting a U anyway cuz i hate this subject, am giving it up now and have tried really hard with my other 3 subjects, so i get better marks in them instead.
Reply 41
love2learn I think you were right...
Reply 42
agghh i found the papers really quite bad
with the simultaneous engineering question it sed wat r the benefits of the siultaneous engineering in wie foods rite
so i thort it meant that ud be talking bout the way the production engineer used simultaneous engineering to make the assembly line..i jus sed how the job would have bin dne quicker and stuff...did neone else do that?

and the recruitment/selection bit i put down bout intervieweing and aptitude tests and stuff but somehow it looks like im on ma own there coz noone else sed they did that!
kay123
agghh i found the papers really quite bad
with the simultaneous engineering question it sed wat r the benefits of the siultaneous engineering in wie foods rite
so i thort it meant that ud be talking bout the way the production engineer used simultaneous engineering to make the assembly line..i jus sed how the job would have bin dne quicker and stuff...did neone else do that?

and the recruitment/selection bit i put down bout intervieweing and aptitude tests and stuff but somehow it looks like im on ma own there coz noone else sed they did that!

Don't worry about simultaneous enginering - a benefit is that it reduces the length of time taken as certain projects are run alongside each other instead of individually in a long line!
Reply 44
Well the Sim. Engineering was pretty guessable as looking at the case study it was mentioned how the method put the completition ahead by one day.

Then I expanded my answer to go on about how Wei Foods ltd could have a wider range as more products could be manufactured at the same time...
Reply 45
I always find every single business studies paper difficult while I'm doing it but always come out with a good mark. There's something about my random waffling that it contains content, analysis and evaluation by randomness which gets me the marks. I think this paper was comparatively more difficult than practice questions released by various companies, and they were very specific. There weren't many open-ended questions letting you explore say different methods of motivation, or a better organisational structure, etc.

Overall I'm pretty sure I got an A. I'll find out on August 18th!
OMG, I feel a bit happier after reading SOME of these posts about the answers. But I really agree with how you guys thought the opportunities and threats question was a bit iffy!
Reply 47
kay123

I put those two! But I didn't want to say anything because nobody else had said they'd put that so I convinced myself it was wrong :biggrin:
Reply 48
well i failed it miserably along with the majority of the business set.

oh well.....
Reply 49
Loads of people came out my exam last year and said about how they failed... most of them got C's and 2 people who told me they failed got a B :P
It's human nature to convince yourself you did bad :wink:
How many marks do u guys reckon u need to get an E?! Any1? I really found both BUS2/3 difficult as I hadnt dun much revision on it! :frown:
Reply 51
Unit 1 is out of 90
A=72, B=63, C=54, D=45, E=36

Unit 2 is out of 90
A=72, B=63, C=54, D=45, E=36

Unit 3 is out of 120
A=96, B=84, C=72, D=60, E=48

Business AS is out of 300
A=240, B=210, C=180, D=150, E=120

Latest

Trending

Trending