The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 1
Have you checked your junk email folders? If you haven't then make sure you do, as a lot of people had their accommodation offers sitting in there.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Hey, I haven't recieved mine either, i really want to know! do you think that if we phone up the uni they would tell us?
Reply 3
MarknSpark
Have you checked your junk email folders? If you haven't then make sure you do, as a lot of people had their accommodation offers sitting in there.

I've checked obsessively - unfortunately not there. I'm scared the email has been eaten by my hotmail and they'll tell me that they sent it and I never replied - and so I don't have accommodation.

Thanks for your advice though. :smile:
Reply 4
nita708
Hey, I haven't recieved mine either, i really want to know! do you think that if we phone up the uni they would tell us?

I don't know. I don't want to hassle them, but if I end up being self catered I have a lot of stuff to buy in a very short space of time (I don't finish work for another two weeks) and could use the notice.
And I'm just curious.
omg! was in my junk box for 5 days. i now have 3 days to rustle up 200 quid for the deposit - and to twist the knife, catered instead of self catered. at least i'm on campus!
Reply 6
Chantalcompowder
omg! was in my junk box for 5 days. i now have 3 days to rustle up 200 quid for the deposit - and to twist the knife, catered instead of self catered. at least i'm on campus!

At least you've got something... think I might be kipping in a cardboard box.
vegastwotimes

sorry to hear that...phone the accommodation office and see if they can set you some numbers of something. hope you find somewhere to live! i may be cardboard boxing if i can't find £200
Reply 8
vegastwotimes

The University GUARENTEES accommodation for first year undergraduates so I dont understand why you are stressing - you will have somewhere to live. I'm a clearing student going to Leeds and I only sent of my forms last week and im not too bothered not to have heard back.

If you are really stressing then phone them up - simples:yep:

Btw what courses are all you people doing?
Reply 9
Aramiss18
The University GUARENTEES accommodation for first year undergraduates so I dont understand why you are stressing - you will have somewhere to live. I'm a clearing student going to Leeds and I only sent of my forms last week and im not too bothered not to have heard back.

If you are really stressing then phone them up - simples:yep:

I thought they only guaranteed accommodation to people who had the university as a firm choice?

Hence I am worrying a little.
Aramiss18

Law. :yep:
What are you doing?
vegastwotimes
I thought they only guaranteed accommodation to people who had the university as a firm choice?

Hence I am worrying a little.

http://www.leeds.ac.uk/accommodation/prospective_students.html

Read the guarentee - it specifies accommodation guarenteed to a student if they are a first year undergraduate :cool:
vegastwotimes
Law. :yep:
What are you doing?

Thats good.
Chemistry for me :biggrin:
Aramiss18
http://www.leeds.ac.uk/accommodation/prospective_students.html

Read the guarentee - it specifies accommodation guarenteed to a student if they are a first year undergraduate :cool:

I feel a bit better about it all now. Just hope I'm in proper halls - not a house or something. Still, it's what you make of it rather than where you stay.

Thank you. :p:
Reply 14
Im in the same position too. I sent off my application really late because i was careless. I will probably end up in a student house instead of halls. Oh well It says they guarantee accomodation for first years so at we will have somewhere to stay.
wilmo
I will probably end up in a student house instead of halls.

I don't care what halls, I just want to be in halls. If I end up in a house I might actually not go and ask if they can defer my place for a year or something.

Latest